See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Dynamic Array & Visibility...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Question Dynamic Array & Visibility...

I have created several Dynamic Blocks (DBs) in my day and I seem to have dreamt up a new and very intelligent, too intelligent for me it seems, dynamic block of Metal Studs. Let me break down what I've done so that what I'd like to do is clear(er).

I setup a few DBs with a few Vis States, a rotate and an array parameter. The way I've created the vis states allows me to rotate and array the objects together, which helps if I have to change Metal Stud sizes from the vis state and keep the item(s) rotated and arrayed without having to redo any of my work. Have a look for yourself to fully understand what I mean (400S; it's a 3D DB I made of Metal Studs).

Now, the area that I'd like help on is this:
    1. I insert the DB in a plan of a project, typically I insert the jamb & headers onto the drawings and then proceed to place the king studs (400S300-64; vis state) at all exposed corners of hallways and rooms.
    2. Then I add the infill studs from king stud to jamb/king stud/intersecting wall. I don't want to bring in another DB to infill I'd prefer to only have one per wall, meaning, I want to start out with a king stud (400S300-54) and proceed down the wall with a standard stud (400S162-54) at 16"o/c. "How would I setup my DB to start with a king stud and array into a standard stud?" Note: sometimes I'll have a standard stud to place and other times I wont, it all depends on the length of the wall.
    3. I will have mechanical ducts and plumbing of all sizes going through my walls and I'll have to accommodate for them and shift my stud layout to either side of the duct/pipe. This means that I will have to change the spacing between the king stud and the first standard stud from 16" to say 9" (this dimension will vary or course) with all of the other standard studs staying at 16"o/c. "What would be the best way of achieving this? I figure I need to add the move parameter, but what I'm wondering is, How will it work for once you answer the question above, IF that question is even attainable?"

For any and all that may have the slightest clue of what I'm trying to achieve, Thank You for pulling your hair out long enough to understand what I'm doing. To those of you that are still confused... well... ask me a question or two and see if I can help you to help me.

Thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dortega861146; 2009-07-30 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Added the DB... "o.Ops!"