Thread: College Student Needing to interview an AutoCAD user

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation College Student Needing to interview an AutoCAD user

I am an interior design student at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh "Online Division" I am taking AutoCAD right now and my assignment is to inteview and AutoCAD user. Please be advised, you answers will be submitted to my Professor and fellow students. Here are a few questions that are need to be asked....

Name, location, and profession of the person

Q1: When do they use CAD in the production process (i.e. preliminary design, design development, etc.)

Q2: What types of standardization they use.

Q3: What are the advantages or disadvantages that CAD brings to their practice.

Q4: Can AutoCAD be used as effectively for designing as it is used for reading construction documents? Ask the interviewee to provide logical examples to support your answer.

Q5: Do you use Modelspace and Paperspace? If so what are the advantages of doing this. If you did not use model space and paper space, what changes would have to be made to your drawings and what problems do you foresee if you have to go back and edit these?

If the interviewee does not use modelspace and paperspace identify why it is not used by his/her firm.

TIP - See if you can get interviewee to show you examples of how paperspace layouts are used to manipulate modelspace drawings. This will aid you in completing Week 4 assignment 3 .

Q6: If the interviewee used modelspace and paperspace ask the following question: Since every AutoCAD drawing is usually created on a scale of 1:1, won't the scale hinder you as a designer in terms of sheet layout? Why or why not? Provide logical examples to support your answer.

If the interviewee does not use paperspace, then enquire how the firm plots for the various scales on each sheet.

I also have to ask two of my own...

What are the pros and cons of using AutoCAD compared to drafting?

In one of the above questions talked about model and paperspace, what are these and what is the difference between the two? Which one is mostly used in the design world?

Can you please also somehow send me examples of model and paperspace, this will help me a great deal in understanding my next assignment. PLEASE SEE THE ABOVE TIP.

Thank you so much for your time and helping me with my future.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: College Student Needing to interview an AutoCAD user

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the Information Requests forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Thanks,

Richard
    Forum Moderator
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: College Student Needing to interview an AutoCAD user

If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt