Thread: Running a LISP routine?

Login to Give a bone

Question Running a LISP routine?

I know this sounds academic, but I've put a Lisp routine in a 2005 Map support folder, how do I get it to activate?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Running a LISP routine?

type "AP"
    and add it to the "startup suite" then it will load everytime you start autocad.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Simplest way is as alanjt suggested. Other method would be to add a (load "LispFilename") in the ACADDOC.LSP file or the MNL file of your CUI menu.

If you only want to load it once, use the APPLOAD and simply select it & click load ... or type (load "LispFilename") at the command prompt.

If you want it to only load once you enter one of the commands inside, add the following to the ACADDOC.LSP or MNL file:
    Code:
    (autoload "LispFilename" '("1stCommand" "2ndCommand" ....))
    If you go the ACADDOC route, check if there's already an ACADDOC.LSP ... type (findfile "ACADDOC.LSP") at the command line & see where it's stored. If there's none, then create one using the VLISP command or a text editor like Notepad in one of the support folders. Never use the ACADDOC20##.LSP, that one's meant for the guys at ADesk and may become overwritten by an update.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Simplest way is as alanjt suggested. Other method would be to add a (load "LispFilename") in the ACADDOC.LSP file or the MNL file of your CUI menu.

If you only want to load it once, use the APPLOAD and simply select it & click load ... or type (load "LispFilename") at the command prompt.

If you want it to only load once you enter one of the commands inside, add the following to the ACADDOC.LSP or MNL file:
    Code:
    (autoload "LispFilename" '("1stCommand" "2ndCommand" ....))
    If you go the ACADDOC route, check if there's already an ACADDOC.LSP ... type (findfile "ACADDOC.LSP") at the command line & see where it's stored. If there's none, then create one using the VLISP command or a text editor like Notepad in one of the support folders. Never use the ACADDOC20##.LSP, that one's meant for the guys at ADesk and may become overwritten by an update.
    i should have mentioned that as well, but i wanted to offer the easiest option first. plus it seemed like he only had 1 routine, not really worth using a loading lisp