Thread: Revit in Poland ( Frustrated Revit user...)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Revit in Poland ( Not so Frustrated any more Revit user...)

I hope this is the right location for my post, it doesn't quite fit anywhere else. But our friendly moderators will fix the location, if it is a problem...

Hmm, I have moved to Poland for a little over a month now, from the states, and I am frustrated. I have many friends in the Architectural world (offices and the professors in charge of the Computer courses/lab in Warsaw's Architectural School) in Poland, specifically Warsaw.
    There have been 3 scenarios when mentioning Revit to my fellow architects.

1. What??? Reveet? What's that? (Autocad users)
    2. Revit? Hmm, yes I think I heard of it, but not sure how it effects me. (Autocad users)
    3. Revit, yes. The Autodesk people do try to sell it. They told me that it is a program where you enter data in a database. Can it do drawings? (1 person, also an Autocad user)

There is quite a big market here in Poland and it is frustrating me that there is no one pushing Revit here. I tried to get some people from Revit to direct me how to promote Revit here, since I know quite a good amount of people owning architecture offices here and others working for arch. offices. The 2 people I asked from Revit most likely were the wrong people to ask, I just tried my best with the contacts I had.

When I am ready to open my business here, (I hope not later than the first half of 2005) I will definitely buy a license, but how to promote it here?

Does anybody have any contacts in Europe, if not in Poland? There are quite a bit of BIM users. Maybe not as BIM authentic as Revit (i.e. Archicad, All Plan, Architectural Desktop[can this be called BIM???I don't think so) and the majority using plain old AutoCAD...but for sure there is a market here and nobody from Revit is tapping into it.

Help, is there anyone out there that can help??? of course if I will be the only Revit user in the whole country, it would give me an edge over the competition????

Thank you for your compassion.
    Last edited by luigi; 2004-11-09 at 01:04 PM. Reason: news forced me to update