Thread: Revit in Poland ( Frustrated Revit user...)

Login to Give a bone

Smile Revit in Poland ( Not so Frustrated any more Revit user...)

I hope this is the right location for my post, it doesn't quite fit anywhere else. But our friendly moderators will fix the location, if it is a problem...

Hmm, I have moved to Poland for a little over a month now, from the states, and I am frustrated. I have many friends in the Architectural world (offices and the professors in charge of the Computer courses/lab in Warsaw's Architectural School) in Poland, specifically Warsaw.
    There have been 3 scenarios when mentioning Revit to my fellow architects.

1. What??? Reveet? What's that? (Autocad users)
    2. Revit? Hmm, yes I think I heard of it, but not sure how it effects me. (Autocad users)
    3. Revit, yes. The Autodesk people do try to sell it. They told me that it is a program where you enter data in a database. Can it do drawings? (1 person, also an Autocad user)

There is quite a big market here in Poland and it is frustrating me that there is no one pushing Revit here. I tried to get some people from Revit to direct me how to promote Revit here, since I know quite a good amount of people owning architecture offices here and others working for arch. offices. The 2 people I asked from Revit most likely were the wrong people to ask, I just tried my best with the contacts I had.

When I am ready to open my business here, (I hope not later than the first half of 2005) I will definitely buy a license, but how to promote it here?

Does anybody have any contacts in Europe, if not in Poland? There are quite a bit of BIM users. Maybe not as BIM authentic as Revit (i.e. Archicad, All Plan, Architectural Desktop[can this be called BIM???I don't think so) and the majority using plain old AutoCAD...but for sure there is a market here and nobody from Revit is tapping into it.

Help, is there anyone out there that can help??? of course if I will be the only Revit user in the whole country, it would give me an edge over the competition????

Thank you for your compassion.
    Last edited by luigi; 2004-11-09 at 01:04 PM. Reason: news forced me to update

Revit Architecture Product Manager
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Revit in Poland ( Frustrated Revit user...)

Hi Luigi,

i am happy to tell you that your frustrations (as you name them ) ) will be soon over :
    as you can imagine, even if Revit is the best of the best that ever happened to us architects, we ( Autodesk ) are carefully planning the launching of Revit in every new country. As you well know, a customer satisfaction doesn't necessarily happen just by offering the best solution/ product but also best services as training, consulting, implementation on the first projects as well as adjustment to local conditions/requirements = local content.

We have carefully selected the best partners in Poland and we are about to go BIG time with them ( I promise you they are well trained because i did it personally )))
    We are also busy working on creating local content to approach the product closer to the particular needs of the polish users.

If you want to know more, please write on my direct address : tatjana.dzambazova@autodesk.com or contact my Polish colleague Wojciech.Karcz@autodesk.com

Enthusiasts and Revit lovers as you are can be a great help for promoting the fantastic Revit technology in Poland!

tat

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Revit in Poland ( Frustrated Revit user...)

Czesc Tatjana,

I am extremely happy to hear that. I will definitely write you an email very soon. Are either you or your colleague in Warsaw? I hope to keep in touch now that I am residing in Poland. I have been using only Revit for a few years in my previous firm and I have a headache thinking I might need to work on anything else. I switched my previous firm to Revit back in 4.5.

Well, I will write soon.

Dziekuje bardzo...
    Last edited by luigi; 2004-11-09 at 01:05 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit in Poland ( Frustrated Revit user...)

You may be able to open your own business sooner if you do revit tutoring on the side. Or even teach a class at the local university.

That is what I did when I started my company years ago. (I don't do it any more, because I hate teaching!) But it sure helped out in those first couple years when I was trying to establish myself. The best part was being paid to train you future employees and getting the cream of the crop.

My wife loved it, because it was the one pay check/client I could count on paying.

Larry

Login to Give a bone

You might also think of starting a user's group. You may be surprised that there are users in Poland, they just haven't told anybody yet! This is what we have found in Toronto, in only one year we have over 150 members of the Ontario Revit Users Group. http://ontariorevit.blogspot.com/
    This will also help the level of user satisfaction.

Login to Give a bone

Well, I did establish the firm MC2architektura with my wife and my friend in December 2004, and we were able to buy 2 Revit licenses (and that is a huge achievement...Revit is crazy expensive in Poland), we were doing all our projects in Revit, some that are posted in the link on my signature....but, life is more than work....although the company started doing better and better, my wife and I decided to move back to the US...my friend is still running the business, but Revit is not being utilized, at least not yet.

Well..that was then, this is now...living in Michigan....

Boy...you guys resurrected an old thread

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hello,

Do any of you use revit for structural drafting? or know anyone who would?

Im looking for a contact in poland for some revit drafting.

Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

Luigi:

Are you using English or Polish in business situations? If Polish, how did you learn it????? All four of my grandparents were born in Poland, but growing up in the US all I ever learned was jeden, dwa.......

-Mihałek

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Chris, take a look at this revit forum in Poland. You can PM the moderators and users to get some contact you need. A lot of mods (if not all) and users speak English.