Thread: interface problem after problem after problem

Login to Give a bone

Default interface problem after problem after problem

My office is a Revit office, however we use AutoCAD in limited instances and need it occasionally. I use it for a couple hours every two weeks or so. Since upgrading to 2010, I went through the exhaustive effort to learn the Custom User Interface. I finally got the interface set up the way I need it. Great, problem solved! But now my problem is that, every time I open up CAD (once every couple weeks), the interface is reset! Reset to the way it is right out of the box. All my custom settings disappeared.

Not only that, the option to change my settings back is completely gone as if uninstalled from the software all together. So I have to use menuload commands to completely reload the menus to even put them back in the CUI.

This has happened four times.

If anyone has had issues with this, please let me know. If there is some way to lock the interface from resetting every time I start CAD, I would love to understand it.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: interface problem after problem after problem

Are you saving your Workspace? If I recall correctly, you need to turn off the automatic saving of Workspaces, make your CUI changes and then manually save the Workspace to get things to stick.

You would also want to make certain that your desktop shortcut (assuming that is how you start the program) is starting up with the same Profile as the one under which you are making the changes.