See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Images won't plot

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Images won't plot

Quote Originally Posted by cmolina View Post
    I've had this same problem recently since starting a new project in 2010. The image is a jpeg in our border file. The image won't plot when sent to our kip plotters, but it will show if sent to pdf or dwf. I tried plotting with both vector and raster but no luck. Has anyone else ran into this recently?
    Change the printing preferences in the KIP plotter. Change it from KIP GL to KIP Script. Revit 2010 does not like KIP GL settings for some reason.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by vgonzales View Post
    Change the printing preferences in the KIP plotter. Change it from KIP GL to KIP Script. Revit 2010 does not like KIP GL settings for some reason.

Thank you so much. That works!

Login to Give a bone

Has anyone had any problems with an Oce TDS 450? We changed our old machine, TDS400 to the TDS450 and now none of our projects print properly. All of our screened and gray lines print extremely light or they are not there at all, this goes for RAC 2009, 2010 and ACA 2006. It's very frustrating and to change the line weights in Revit will be catastrophic! If we send the files out to print we get the same result.

We also have image problems. When we make the DWF file the image appears, then when we print the image is not there, but if we make a PDF file and print the file, it's fine. On occasion when we open the project jpg images disappear or are all blacked out. Has anyone experienced this as well?

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Images won't plot

We have a KIP 3000 and are having the same problem. We have to plot to PDF then send it to the KIP. I have talked to KIP tech support with no help. This is using Revit 2010 we did not have this problem with 2009.

I have followed this same discussion on Autodesk discussion groups and lots of people are beating there heads against the wall because images are not plotting in Revit 2010.

Whats up Autodesk?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: Images won't plot

We were able to plot raster images for a while but now cannot now to any plotter, printer, or pdf??? Autodesk really screwed up this version of Revit

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Images won't plot

I am using Revit 2010 and my trusty HP500 (which has never had issues printing images before). I am trying to plot a client titleblock that contains a jpeg logo. I have tried all the above related suggestions, and all I can find that works is print to PDF, then send the PDF to the HP500. What a pain in the butt!!!!! Anyone have any ideas on this? Any response from AutoDesk?

Thanks,
    Karen

Login to Give a bone

I am having the same issues. Ours is a Ricoh 480 Large format. We have the current drivers, and have tested on multiple operating systems. Revit 2009 printed fine, 2010 tried again, no luck. Dropped down the res on the jpegs, no luck. The drivers don't have the smartspool option. PDFs work fine, as well as all of our small format printers straight from revit. Any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

We just got a HP Designjet 4500 HP-GL/2, and we are taking baby steps into 2010. The same issue with us in our titleblock. But for us it is printing the images, but they are upside-down....lol the images do not show up in 2010 print preview. We have families made for our venders with logos in them, and they are printed upside-down also. It must be something with an image inside of a family. We have printed images pasted onto the sheets and it prints fine.

Lovely
    Last edited by Captainkb; 2010-01-07 at 08:57 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

We are having the exact same problem with Revit MEP 2010. All our 09 projects plotted raster images just fine. This is on a KIP 5000.

Resizing the image to less than 400 did not work.

This little surprise caused a project to go out late! Nice job Autodesk!
    Last edited by trythefly; 2010-01-07 at 11:31 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I have the same problem here on an iX4000 canon a3 printer. This in unacceptable.

This happened to me in the initial version and NOW on WU2 it's here again.

The problem is even the pdf's get the same treatment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast