Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Won't Plot Modelspace Entities

Login to Give a bone

Default Won't Plot Modelspace Entities

WOW ! I hope this is just too obvious.........but here goes:
    My co-worker is working in ACAD 2009 and nothing from model space will plot

he has his file x-ref'd to a file containing 3d objects, his border is x-ref'd in paperspace, his vport is locked (like it matters, but one never knows), the entities in model space of the parent file are all set to plot in the layer dialog box, it doesn't matter in the plot dialog box whether "plot paper space last" is checked or not, we tried "draworder" command just to be sure and set the viewport to be above the border, and for some reason when we plot from the file in paperspace, only items in paperspace plot, nothing within the viewport plots.
    Do ya know?
    Thanks
    JT

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Won't Plot Modelspace Entities

More data:
    since my original post, I've experimented, here's the results:
    paper space tabs will plot everything within the mother file, it is only when we x-ref the model space 3d objects to another dwg that the problem exists. Yes, we can plot fine multiple other files that contain x-ref;s. The problem seems to be x-reffing the 3d objects - of which I have no experience. Is there some variable in 3d that would cause this?

Login to Give a bone

Could the model xref be on a non-plotting layer? defpoints?

Login to Give a bone

oh yeah forgor to mention: tried that already - all entities are on layers set to plot. but thanks anyway

All AUGI, all the time Capt. Computer Crasher's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by julie.tyre View Post
    oh yeah forgor to mention: tried that already - all entities are on layers set to plot. but thanks anyway
    and this does include the master layer that the X-ref is on. Check the properties for the overall X-ref. This will tell you the master layer.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have from time to time found that if an xref needs to be recovered, it will not plot. Perhaps this is your issue as well.

Login to Give a bone

the master layer checks fine, I tried a recover on the mother file and reloaded it into the host file, still no plot. I at least get a msg when I try to plot that reads:
    One or more viewports will plot as rendered or hidden. Update the Shade plot setting for these viewports to always plot as rendered or hidden? yes or no
    Whether I choose yes or no, I still don't get anything plotted within the viewport.
    Thanks for your thoughts
    JT

Login to Give a bone

the master layer checks fine, I tried a recover on the mother file and reloaded it into the host file, still no plot. I at least get a msg when I try to plot that reads:
    One or more viewports will plot as rendered or hidden. Update the Shade plot setting for these viewports to always plot as rendered or hidden? yes or no
    Whether I choose yes or no, I still don't get anything plotted within the viewport.
    Thanks for your thoughts
    JT
    So plot preview shows the same as the plot. ( ? )
    Click the viewport then right-click - what are the settings for "display viewport objects" and "shade plot"?

Login to Give a bone

alright, here's another wrench in the fire:
    first to answer your question about the preview in the plot dialog box, in 2009 it displays fine but still no plot unless I follow the steps below. In 2008 the viewport contents disply as solid black and print as solid black.

I have ACAD 2008, 2009, 2010 in use

When in ACAD 2009, if I highlight the viewport, then choose "as displayed" where it reads Shade Plot, and I verify that "Yes" is selected where the right click dialog box reads "Display Viewport Objects", Yes indeed everything prints fine - YEAH
    BUT....... the same steps followed for ACAD 2008 - still preview and print as solid black.
    NOW: Here's the whacked out thing, my co-worker's has only 2009, and his previews fine but still doesn't plot even when the steps mentined are followed.

Login to Give a bone

alright, here's another wrench in the fire:
    first to answer your question about the preview in the plot dialog box, in 2009 it displays fine but still no plot unless I follow the steps below. In 2008 the viewport contents disply as solid black and print as solid black.

I have ACAD 2008, 2009, 2010 in use

When in ACAD 2009, if I highlight the viewport, then choose "as displayed" where it reads Shade Plot, and I verify that "Yes" is selected where the right click dialog box reads "Display Viewport Objects", Yes indeed everything prints fine - YEAH
    BUT....... the same steps followed for ACAD 2008 - still preview and print as solid black.
    Do you mean that the entire viewport area is black or that the modelspace objects display in black? Do you want objects in black or grayscale or colours?
    NOW: Here's the whacked out thing, my co-worker's has only 2009, and his previews fine but still doesn't plot even when the steps mentined are followed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast