Thread: ACA2008/ ACA2010 Issues: Views Process Slowly

Login to Give a bone

Question ACA2008/ ACA2010 Issues: Views Process Slowly

We recently upgraded to ACA2010 from ACA2008. We noticed that projects created in 2008 and opened in 2010 operate slowly and frequently crash. In an attempt to avoid this issue, we took the contents of a 2008 project that was only in its preliminary stages and copied and pasted it into the proper locations within a new 2010 project. While the constructs process fine, the views process very slowly, in particular while saving, auditing and purging (thus far). My suspicion is that the issue lies in the annotative objects (since that is at (this point) the only real difference between the view and the construct). Any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACA2008/ ACA2010 Issues: Views Process Slowly

Quote Originally Posted by sparker View Post
    We recently upgraded to ACA2010 from ACA2008. We noticed that projects created in 2008 and opened in 2010 operate slowly and frequently crash. In an attempt to avoid this issue, we took the contents of a 2008 project that was only in its preliminary stages and copied and pasted it into the proper locations within a new 2010 project. While the constructs process fine, the views process very slowly, in particular while saving, auditing and purging (thus far). My suspicion is that the issue lies in the annotative objects (since that is at (this point) the only real difference between the view and the construct). Any ideas?
    Welcome to AUGI and congrats on your first post.

I'd check your template file paths and any other paths for that matter. It sounds like ACA is looking for a path that is no longer there. That would make the files very very slow. On previous releases, the file that was pathed wrong after I uninstalled the older version was the "add a plotter wizard" shortcut. Make sure it's pathed correctly. I dont' have 2010 installed yet but it should be found under program data/acd2010/enu/plotters.

Login to Give a bone

Arrow Re: ACA2008/ ACA2010 Issues: Views Process Slowly

Thanks for Responding.
    The template paths appear to be fine. Since my last post the docs have proceeded further and the additional complexities of the drawings have illuminated other issues. I found that whenever I attempted an "Edit Xref in Place" command, I received a message indicating the following:

"The Xref selected references a previous Release drawing file format. If edits are saved back to the Xref, the referenced drawing file will be updated to the current Release drawing format."

I receive this message each and every time I attempt the command, no matter how often I edit and save the Xref, whether in the Base itself or using the "Edit in Place" command. In conjunction with that, it takes a very long time to open the files, or update the Xref in addition to the issues previously mentioned (saving, auditing, purging).

Any other ideas?
    Thanks,
    Sam