Thread: Bringing Interior Renderings to Life

Login to Give a bone

Default Bringing Interior Renderings to Life

Okay Revit users, how do you bring your interior renderings to life? I mean, what do you do to make a space look habitable? My client is probably asking for more than I can provide, but I think he has a point when he says the render looks lifeless.

I am creating an apartment interior rendering, and it needs things like more realistic looking funiture, indoor plants, pictures on wall, blinds on windows, some stereo equipment in entertainment unit, misc nik naks on table, etc.

How do you handle this? And if you needed to place these types of things, where do you get them, or do you make them from scratch?

Thanks,

Jason
    Jason Brown
    photographer / designer

www.revivalartsstudio.com

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Bringing Interior Renderings to Life

Look on the web. The Accurender plants can be tweaked to give internal planting or you can by some RPC content. For detail items start with the Autodesk Revit download centre. Try www.accustudio.com and read up on using decals so that you can place a picture or two on the walls, also think about a mirror and finally about sticking a person or two in there.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Bringing Interior Renderings to Life

Slight flaws. Work with your bitmaps. Look at the room you're working in. There are small imperfections all around you. The computer generates the "perfect" finish, which is not real world.
    One of the limitations of Accurender is how hard it is to add "dirt", which would be done with a blend in the materials or plugin in Max etc. You can try blending in the Accurender, but it will take work.

I could stop if I wanted to Merlin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Bringing Interior Renderings to Life

Quote Originally Posted by jasonb3
    ......how do you bring your interior renderings to life? I mean, what do you do to make a space look habitable? My client is probably asking for more than I can provide, but I think he has a point when he says the render looks lifeless....
    Hi Jason,

There is a case for staying slightly surreal as you could see in, say, an artistic photo. One thing you could try is to imply some movement...which always adds "life"....how about trying something like getting an image of a person in something like Photoshop, blur it sideways (like you had a long exposure photo taken), importing your rendered image into Photoshop and then apply this "moving" person?...just an idea..

John Mc

I could stop if I wanted to Merlin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Bringing Interior Renderings to Life

....and definitely follow any ideas from Skisouth!....when he's about the "legendometer" needle hits the high numbers!