Thread: RSA 2010 3D snow/wind loads

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default RSA 2010 3D snow/wind loads

A little help would be appreciated:

I've modeled a 3D steel-only structure, and am interested in doing analysis for wind loads. The help files (and the older videos at ) suggest that I can just go to "Loads" -> "Special Loads" -> "Wind and Snow 2D/3D" to bring up a wizard, but that option is always grayed out for me. I've tried in several different RSA modes (building, 3D frame, etc), but can't access the tool.

I saw a post from several weeks ago on this forum in which someone suggested that the wind loads only worked for 2D structures, but the help documentation for the wind load tools says that you can generate 3D wind loads based on surfaces.

What am I missing?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: RSA 2010 3D snow/wind loads

You can generate snow/wind loads for 3D frames and 3D trusses but 2D structure is your starting point.
    After you defined parameters concerned with snow and wind loads when you click “3D Generation” button you start definition your 3D structure from 2D
    3D structure is generated during generation of snow/wind loads process.
    Wind and Snow 2D/3D" is always grayed out in 3D modules. You can use this option only in 2D modules.

Regards

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: RSA 2010 3D snow/wind loads

same problem here with wind and snow loads... I want to be able to build complex structures and apply snow/wind loads. there is a software from Graitec - Advance Design that let you automatically apply snow, wind, self weight to the entire building .... very very easy to apply loads and to generate combination ... the RSA is very complicated and with almost no tutorial support on this aspect... by the way... any organized tutorials anywhere on the web? how to build a concrete structure (a house with found, 2 st and a roof for example) from the start to the end, create and apply all the necessary loads and load combination, analize the structure, generate the reinforcement for footing, columns, beams, slabs and generate the reinf. drawings... There is such a thing anywhere on the web?? All other programs in the business have such training videos... I assumed that Autodesk will provide such training videos (not the old robobat ones that are very modular and not directed on practical, real life application - only a presentation of the product capability)... It will take 2-3 hours for a pro with a screen capture software to do such a video... or video series...

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Take a look at this:
    http://www.robotoffice.com/rsa/
    Here you can find generation of snow/wind loads, definition other loads and user defined combination.
    There are also other topics. Those movies present an older version of the software.
    Last edited by Tomasz Fudala; 2009-10-08 at 09:02 AM.

Login to Give a bone

I know those movies, thank you! I want to know if there are some complete tutorial movies from the creation of a building structure (foundation, columns, beams, roof..) to applying all the loads (dead, live, snow and wind, seismic and so on) and generating cases, analyze of the building, reinforcement generation and finally reinf. drawings.... this is what I'm looking for RSA... Do you know of any such tutorial (pdf or movies)?
    Florin

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

hi there,
    have you got some update videos with new software.
    thanks
    HAF