Thread: Can not pick the viewport

Login to Give a bone

Post Can not pick the viewport

Hello all,

Please help, I created a couple of viewports without a problem, I was able to go into them, change scale and modify them to fit my sheet. Suddenly, I created another
    VP to find that no matter how I create it I can not pick it to modify the border. I am able to go into it and change the scale, but when I go to MS and attempt to get the grips to stretch it, I can not pick it. Does anyone have a fix for this? I think there is a command somewhere that allows the picking. Oh! I am still able to pick (and get the grips) on the previously created ones, it is the new ones that are not cooperating. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can not pick the viewport

Quote Originally Posted by gio_2 View Post
    Hello all,

Please help, I created a couple of viewports without a problem, I was able to go into them, change scale and modify them to fit my sheet. Suddenly, I created another
    VP to find that no matter how I create it I can not pick it to modify the border. I am able to go into it and change the scale, but when I go to MS and attempt to get the grips to stretch it, I can not pick it. Does anyone have a fix for this? I think there is a command somewhere that allows the picking. Oh! I am still able to pick (and get the grips) on the previously created ones, it is the new ones that are not cooperating. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Are the viewports you are having problems with on the defpoints layer? If so, make sure layer 0 isn't frozen or off.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can not pick the viewport

That's exactly why you shouldn't ever use defpoints for anything but what it was meant for; Dimensions.