Thread: Ribbon and Schedules

Login to Give a bone

Question Ribbon and Schedules

In ACA 2012 , on the Annotate Ribbon Panel there are option to place schedules and tags. If i pick on the door schedule button it adds a door schedule. I want to be able to customize what schedule table it actual pulls. Where in the CUI for that button on that panel does it state the style name for the schedule being added. In essence i could add that door schedule button 3 times and have each one pull 1 of 3 different dor schedules. I just can't for the life of me find where it's calling out the style name. This would hold true for everything, tags, tables, and so on. I'm familiar with the CUI editor and XML editing and haven't found it anywhere. HELP PLEASE!!!

Thank you in advanced,
    John Gray

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ribbon and Schedules

Assuming that you have the ACA.cuix loaded as your main customization, in the upper left pane of the Customize User Interface dialog, expand the following nodes: ACA > Ribbon > Panels > Annotate - Scheduling - ACA > Row 1 > Sub-Panel 2 > Row 1 > Door and then select the Door Schedule node.

On the right side of the dialog, in the Properties pane, under the Command category, find the Macro parameter. For the Door Schedule tool, it is
    Code:
    ^C^C_AecRibbonTool Door Schedule - ribbon;
    This is what gets executed when you select the button. THe AecRibbonTool command takes one piece of input, which needs to be the name of a tool palette tool that is loaded into the current workspace in order to work. Any ACA style-based tools on the ribbon use this command to execute a tool palette tool, as if you had selected the tool palette tool directly.

In order to create ribbon tools that create ACA Schedule Tables (or other style- or definition-based AEC Content), you will first need a tool palette tool, and then you would use the AecRibbonTool command to reference it. More detailed information about the process can be found in this Tech Talk article on the AU website, published in December, 2009.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Ribbon and Schedules

OK so here's what i did and it still isn't working. Using all the default palettes, i went to the Annotation group and to the Scheduling pallete and copied the existing "door schedule" command and pasted it on the same pallete. Then i rt clicked on it, went to properties and changed the name on it to " SA Door Schedule" and i also changed the door schedule style that it would load. Then i went into my CUI and went to where the Annotation Panel is for scheduling and copies a door schedule button and modified the properties in it. Here is what my macro looks like now "^C^C_AecRibbonTool SA Door Schedule - ribbon;" this is identicle to what every other one looks like i only added the SA to coinside with the new button/command i created on the pallete. When i ok out and try to exiscure the command from the ribbon i get "The Tool Cannot Be Found in the Current Workspace". However if i run it from the pallete it works just fine and brings in the correct schedule. If i then try the ribbon again, no good still. Hopefully you can held me with the Dkoch.....

Thank you in advance

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ribbon and Schedules

Drop the " - ribbon" if it is not part of you tool palette's tool name. The out-of-the-box tools referenced by the ribbon are copies on a separate palette that is not part of any tool palette group (except for All Palettes), to reduce the odds of accidental deletion, and all of those copies are renamed with " - ribbon" at the end.