Thread: Pipe Swap Problem

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Pipe Swap Problem

C3D 2010 here... I've been using AutoCAD for some time now, but starting using Pipe Networks with the 2009 software. I've got a problem in my current project. Actually I think it's a bug in the software. Just got 2010 loaded last week.
    I've got two networks already in my Pipe Network so far, "Existing Storm" and "Existing Sanitary" and all is working like it's supposed to.

My 3rd network is "Future Storm".

When I started, I picked a structure, picked a pipe material and started laying out my structures in the locations where I calculated they should be. I got about 4-5 inlets and pipes laid down and I noticed the 24" Pipe, I selected was acually pretty big... so I decided to just continue and change it later with a pipe part swap.

The 24" (which was drawn at 60") can not be changed to 24". It can be changed to 27" or 21" (and be to scale) but not to 24"....
    The 18" pipe I selected was drawn at 42".... I can't change that to the correct size either.
    I COULD change it to 15" and it will stay at 15" and be to scale, but it won't change to 18" and be correct. Anybody else having a similiar probelm?

I tried "Audit"... but nothing changes for me.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pipe Swap Problem

What type of pipe?

Login to Give a bone

You should be able to edit the pipes in your Parts List. Just right-click on the pipe material and "Add part size..". Assuming your pipe material is RCP, both of the diameters you are looking for should be included as pipe size options.

Login to Give a bone

Chris.... Concrete Pipe.... I want to use Concrete Pipe.
    if I use PVC pipe.... I have no problem with the correct pipe sizes being inserted.

Daniel K... you are right, I should be able to edit parts thru my parts list... but when I do:
    When I try to change the 24" RCP I inserted, (the 24" RCP that thinks it's a 60" RCP)...
    when I change the 24" RCP to a 24" RCP (the 60" is drawn in), because the 24" RCP is 60" RCP.
    I can change that part to a 27" RCP, and presto-chango.... it's a 27" RCP.
    But when I change the 27" RCP to a 24" RCP.... what pipe part do you think it changes to?
    If you guessed 24" RCP you are wrong, it's back as a 60" RCP.

As mentioned above, PVC pipe swaps are no problem, but then again, pipe wall widths are not the same as RCP.

I would really like to resolve this issue, right now I set my Pipe Network Catalog to the 2009 software parts list (you can redirect what catalog you want the software to look at, C3D 2010 doesn't work for me).... soon 2009 will be deleted from this machine.

Login to Give a bone

If the 2009 pipes work you should be able to just copy them over the 2010 version of them.

I'd also check to see if the width of the wall is correct in the concrete part family. Here's a short video on how to check: http://screencast.com/t/J54GYmKUv

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Pipe Swap Problem

Was there a solution to the OP? I'm having the same issue but with different size pipe. There was no 54" or 42" Concrete pipe, so I went in and added two to the table, and it looks like it was all working in part builder, but now the swap to a 54" or the 42" pipe always shows as the pipe that was before the new pipe from the part builder table. A 54" is the 60" and the 42" is the 48".

When I added the sizes, it put it to the bottom of the list, so I started at the bottom and worked my way up the table changing the sizes to the one above it. Then I get to my new 54" pipe and changed it from 60" to 54" then up the list to the 48" and changed that to 42" . The calculation works and the $PID in BdyD1 column is correct. I do a refresh and validate on the catalog with no errors. I also doubled checked the xml file and there are individual "unique" part names. But this keeps happening.

----I attached a copy of the XML file, but had to change the extension to TXT----
    Attached Files Attached Files