See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: quick experiment

All AUGI, all the time Max Lloyd's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: quick experiment

Hey Andy, great to hear from you and I hope you are well. I hope you have managed to get a bit of Barbados sun in recently as we sure haven't had it in the UK!

Login to Give a bone

Something a bit different for me. Helped my Dad out on a project he is working on for one of his neighbours in San Diego, California.

Have attached the existing front photo as well as proposed shots. All good fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Hi all,

Again something a bit different for me. This is an existing school gymnasium building that we are refurbing, adding a mezzanine floor into and changing to a 6th form (circa 17 year old) leisure and study area.

Just doing costing now and should hopefully commence work in the next 4-6 weeks but the school were blown away with good old revit and its presentation ability.

Max

Login to Give a bone

a few internals....

Login to Give a bone

How are you going to get away with those open risers? They really don't allow them over here...

Renders look really good.

-D

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Open risers is not a problem here, neither are they in England... but - comming to think of it, neither here or in England, it´s nessecary to make disclaimers about NOT using the Microwave to dry your cat, just like it´s not nessecary to make legal disclaimer for someone using a stair within you property Kidding ? Maybe... not...

But Max ! The renderings are great as always - love the lightning at the interiors from your last set

Curious about the Arne Jacobsen "7" chairs though - Did you actually model those in Revit, or is it .dwg imports ?
    Last edited by Munkholm; 2011-01-10 at 08:18 PM.

Login to Give a bone

dwg imports all the way! No point making life difficult when there is is so much content out there!

Re: the open risers, building regulations (code) in this country do allow as long as a minimum gap is acheived (I think 100mm) so would likley need a bar across the open risers to actually comply (although i would need to refer to building regs again to confirm.......in the meantime it looks better without so a happy client!!!!!)

Renders are all ok. All done in a morning ready for an afternoon presentation. That's what I love about revit......not the best renders in the world I agree....but good enough for any client to see what they will get and a hell of a lot beter than the normal 2D flat elevations / sections that I could have given them before!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Max Lloyd View Post
    in this country do allow as long as a minimum gap is acheived (I think 100mm) so would likley need a bar across the open risers to actually comply...
    I´m sure that you meant "Maximum" 100 mm (4")
    Here he code regulates the maximum spacing of balusteres (120 mm, so the kids don´t get their heads stuck, or actually fall thru)
    But the distance betwwen the threads are not regulated - however one step can´t ever exceed 180 mm (public buildings) or 210 (Private homes), so in reality the distance beween never exceeds 140/170 mm (40 mm threads)

Again, I love the renderings (even though you´re using .dwg´s)
    Last edited by Munkholm; 2011-01-10 at 08:18 PM.

Login to Give a bone

whoa gotta ask - how did you get the brick to render on all those arches? Model each brick and/or mortar joint?

Does England not go by the International Building Code? IBC allows openings in risers no more than 100mm tall if the stair is not a required emergency egress stair.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    whoa gotta ask - how did you get the brick to render on all those arches? Model each brick and/or mortar joint?

Does England not go by the International Building Code? IBC allows openings in risers no more than 100mm tall if the stair is not a required emergency egress stair.
    Yep, model a simple extrusion (2-3mm thick) that covers the whole size of the arch that is the mortar, then another 5mm extrusion with 2 bricks (to get the pattern) arrayed around. Where the bricks are'nt, the mortar is. Same for the brick heads etc. Really only takes a few minutes and looks so much better.

Yep, maximum gap to not allow a 100mm diameter ball to pass through any element (although depends what the stairs are used for as i understand)

Max

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast