See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: quick experiment

I could stop if I wanted to Lashers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: quick experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Max Lloyd View Post
    Hey Andy, great to hear from you and I hope you are well. I hope you have managed to get a bit of Barbados sun in recently as we sure haven't had it in the UK!
    Ha, if only life was that good! I only talk about going home nowadays . . . although I have now joined the Barbados Institute of Architects!!

Thought I would attach a render for review, which I am hoping will buy me into a six house scheme if it gets funding! I am still getting annoyed at the lack of UK roof tiles for another scheme though, and other bits. All done in Revit, in case it was not obvious!
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time Max Lloyd's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hey Andy,

Nice work! The house looks amazing, as does the image. It's got some nice depth to it. If you can bring up the landscaping to the same level of detail and care as the house it will look really great.

Good luck with the project anyway, I'm sure you will have blown themn away as it's looks like a really nice design. Where is it?

I could stop if I wanted to Lashers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Cheers Max,

Thanks for your comments, it's over in Canbridge area, client is trying to get the financing together at the minute . . . good thing is that he does own the land!! So something will happen I hope.

I only have the Revit landscaping tools but think I can do alot more with the landscaping once I get the whole scheme together. Do you know if there is anywhere that has larger scale images of each Revit bitmap so that I can view in advance? I have been putting plants in without really knowing what they look like.

I post anther job this evening (baby care day today) where I have tried harder! Although it may not be better!

Andy

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: quick experiment

Hi Max,

Have been perusing the forums for some time now, but thought I would ask - any chance you could 'distribute' some of your render knowledge (settings especially) - especially the internals, as my renders are barely okay, you seem to have managed to really maximise the potential of the Revit rendering engine. Well done!
    To be honest, those internals are really very good, probably the best 100% Revit renders I have seen....

Lars

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by larsjeppesen View Post
    Hi Max,

Have been perusing the forums for some time now, but thought I would ask - any chance you could 'distribute' some of your render knowledge (settings especially) - especially the internals, as my renders are barely okay, you seem to have managed to really maximise the potential of the Revit rendering engine. Well done! http://forums.augi.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
    To be honest, those internals are really very good, probably the best 100% Revit renders I have seen....

Lars
    Hi Lars,

Sure thing and thanks for the compliment! I have atached a couple of screen shots from 2 of the internal images that show the settings used. No magic though, more or less just standard settings. The materials and then the lights levels are obviously the next big item, although you do need all of them in harmony with one another.

I do tend to do internals as night time images though (with the sun switched off) as I prefer the look, plus it seems to be a lot quicker and light levels are easier to control.

Hope this helps a bit!

Max.

Login to Give a bone

Hi everyone,

a few other images of another project I am working on.....
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (443.7 KB, 35 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (533.4 KB, 37 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (432.5 KB, 34 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (465.5 KB, 38 views)

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Nice work Max!

Login to Give a bone

Hi Max,

Many thanks for that.

I have been doing realistic rendering for some years now, but on dedicated software platforms, especially Lightwave. Still trying to migrate to 3dMax, as jobs are scarce here in Scotland (to say the least), and trying to expand my cv.

Revit 2009? I would have thought that you might have upgraded to 2011 by now, especially with the supposed increase in rendering speeds.

Lars

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Max Lloyd View Post
    Hi everyone,

a few other images of another project I am working on.....
    Very nice 3d rendering. I like the first and third one more

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234