See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Saving to ACAD 2007 Does NOT Work

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down Saving to ACAD 2007 Does NOT Work

when I set my files to save as 2007 in the options dialog box, then click save in my working file - ACAD tells me it is unable to save because "one or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created." So......WhatIgather is that if you utilize ACAD 10 for any of the added features you will be unable to share / communicate with others? The file i am trying to save is a practice session for me, I only have two entities in the drawing file. One is an imprted table from excel and the other object is a block of a W beam that has added constraints to it. Both items are in model space. I would hope you could utilize these items in previous versions? Well, anyway this just further stops me from using ACAD 10, I've had it since March or April and the last time I tried using it, I had file saving issues - then it was: if I saved my file in 2010, even though I had it defaulted to save in 2007, I was unable to open it up in 2008 and 2009. I've talked a few people and no one seems to have this problem - so I'm thinking it's just me. Either way seems 2010 keeps burning me everytime I touch it. There are some features to 2010 that I would like to become accustomed to but using it in the real world just has too many issues for me.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Saving to ACAD 2007 Does NOT Work

um wow. Bad day at the office? Have you tried exporting instead of saving to 2007?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Saving to ACAD 2007 Does NOT Work

try using this command to create a backwards compatible file (must include the dash) and follow the prompts

-exporttoautocad

-R

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Saving to ACAD 2007 Does NOT Work

Thanks 383 and Richard, I'll try this. Was hoping that I wouldn't have to do anything extraordinary everytime I saved though. This is a bug that I cannot accept, but I'll see if this cures it temporarily.
    Thanks again
    JT

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Saving to ACAD 2007 Does NOT Work

you could create a macro and button that you could slide right up next to your save button to make it easier to export.