Thread: Error Message-Could not load an object...& Compile error in hidden module...

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Error Message-Could not load an object...& Compile error in hidden module...

After getting my machine re-imaged and a new hard drive put in, I had Autocad 2009 re-installed. I've added the customized support files that were used previous to the re-imaging and have never given me errors. Now, two error messages are popping up and I'm not sure what's causing this or how to fix it. PLEASE HELP!!!

Microsoft Forms

- Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine.

Microsoft Visual Basic

- Compile error in hidden module: ThisDrawing

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Error Message-Could not load an object...& Compile error in hidden module...

More information will be needed to troubleshoot. What action was being done at the time? etc.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Error Message-Could not load an object...& Compile error in hidden module...

This message comes up when I open and close drawings.

Login to Give a bone

It sounds to me like your image wasn't an exact image. In other words, some things are missing. Try going to the vbaide and doing Debug>Compile. The offending part should be highlighted.

Login to Give a bone

I tried what you suggested, but under Debug, "Compile" is greyed out and is requesting a password. We didn't create the file, it came from another source, so I'm not sure what the password might be. Any other suggestions or way to get around this? Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

If you can't contact the creator, sounds like you've reached the limit of what you can do.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

This happens ALL the time when I roll out one of my programs to someone new. I'll get that error on the first launch every time. First things first, make sure you have all the OCX files (or whatever) available on the machine you're running it on in the system32 directory. Once you get the error, go to the Visual Basic editor and click on references. You might have to double click on a module or a userform first to make "references" available. Once in there, you may or may not see one at the top that says "missing" in the description. Either way, click on one and look at its description at the bottom for which file it's pointing to. Click the browse button and go out to your Windows/system32 directory and find the file it says it needs and "reload" it. You may have to change the "file type" at the bottom. After all that get out of AutoCAD and get back in.

I'm not saying this will work for you but it ALWAYS works for me. Even when it actually finds all the references and there's no "missing" in the title it still works. It's kinda like having to tell the program where something is even when it says it found it. Weird but effective. Hope this works for ya.

Sorry, I just saw that you don't have the password but I posted anyway just in case someone else had a similar problem and could access the program.

Login to Give a bone

Update: I just found out what the problem was - there was a client-only setup.exe file that was never installed once we thought we added the whole program back onto the computer. It totally fixed the error. Thanks so much for your input though. I'm sure if I run into this again I'll know at least 2 ways of fixing it.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I am getting a similar error since yesterday for all programs which got thisdrawing module.
    the error in immediate window is "Error in loading DLL" but for users they see an alert like screen with Compile error in hidden module: This drawing.
    any support would be really appreciated.

regards,

Rajeev