Thread: How can I draw a line between two points but with intersects midway tangentally with a circle?

Login to Give a bone

Default How can I draw a line between two points but with intersects midway tangentally with a circle?

AC2004

I tried clicking on 'Line' then clicking on where I wanted the line to start, then hovering the mouse over the edge of the circle where I thought the tangent would be until it popped up 'Tangent' then clicking the mouse at that point and then clicking on the point where I wanted the line to end. It looked alright but the distance that the line drawn is away from another object isnt the distance I wanted it to be from that object. I used the circle to place that distance before deleting it. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for any help

RD

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How can I draw a line between two points but with intersects midway tangentally with a circle?

there is another way.. draw the line everywhere in the drawing, and then reference rescale with the base point as the same as the circles center the distance from the center of the circle perpendicular to the line, making that distance equal to the radius of the circle.. result: instant tangentability!
    of course, in 2010 version you can always use constraints

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How can I draw a line between two points but with intersects midway tangentally with a circle?

Quote Originally Posted by jaffarhu View Post
    there is another way.. draw the line everywhere in the drawing, and then reference rescale with the base point as the same as the circles center the distance from the center of the circle perpendicular to the line, making that distance equal to the radius of the circle.. result: instant tangentability!
    of course, in 2010 version you can always use constraints
    Thanks jaffarhu. I'll give it a try.

I cant afford 2010 !