Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription Advantage Pack for Revit

I could stop if I wanted to TroyGates's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Subscription Advantage Pack for Revit

Quote Originally Posted by brethomp View Post
    Check out the Type Selector. Nice improvement.
    Simple little fix that should improve usability and hopefully performance. I like it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by alan.61903 View Post
    ...MEP performance improvements...
    Can anyone elucidate on that point?

I could stop if I wanted to gordolake's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Great news to see some bang for our bucks.

Warning: content extraction (libraries) apply to this update, so it takes awhile to complete.

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

The _SP3 folders that get created actually contain superceded content, not new content

Login to Give a bone

So far I like it. Seems zippier. Nice improvement to the "Type Selector". I'm getting to grips with the framing extension - not sure yet if I can make it fly 100% to Aussie standards, but I'm sure there is a way (any Aussies -- input please!) It seems to suffer from an issue common to the extensions: they don't work like Revit tools, more like Autodesk ones...

Love the Detail/Model line switcheroo tool!

Aaarrrggghhhh factor: some icons have taken a drunken stroll again (and changed size), just when I was getting used to where they were!

Structure tools: About ruddy time!

Slight QA issue: the Adjust Eaves Height and Overhang icons are missing in my install. Can anyone confirm?

I'll post more observances once I have some.

DW

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dwills.114624 View Post
    So far I like it. Seems zippier. Nice improvement to the "Type Selector". I'm getting to grips with the framing extension - not sure yet if I can make it fly 100% to Aussie standards, but I'm sure there is a way (any Aussies -- input please!) It seems to suffer from an issue common to the extensions: they don't work like Revit tools, more like Autodesk ones...

Slight QA issue: the Adjust Eaves Height and Overhang icons are missing in my install. Can anyone confirm?..........
    DW
    Hi, when you select the magenta sketch line ? your align and overhang icons are gone ? -mine are there.....however.....
    I do not seem to have any Wood Wall Framing Tool...where is it hidden ?
    cheers
    trombe

Login to Give a bone

Where is "Image modeler will now be included so you can create point cloud data from images and export this to DWG and import this into Revit"

Can anybody find it in this service pack, as I am not getting any such tool in this service pack.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I posted this in "a note about update 2 from the factory" thread, but seems more appropriate here.

Wood Framing Walls:

I will preface my comments by saying that I have had about an hour or so using the wood framing walls extension.

For me, at the moment, it seems a have the odd glitch or two.

For the test run of the extension, I chose a simple timber framed external wall with a core thickness of 90mm (timber stud) clad externally with Hebel power panel (75mm) and lined internally with plasterboard (10mm). Wall total thickness 175mm

Having selected the wall and the ran the Wood Framing Extension, the first thing I noticed was that the generated thickness of the core (and therefore the ultimate framing) was 175mm - the total wall thickness - not the 90mm core thickness as set up in the wall system family. This nominated thickness was grayed out and unable to be altered.

Once the wal is generated, you can alter the size of stud by selecting all instance and the manually adjusting it in the element properties. The resizing however still has the center line of the stud located on the center line of the wall wall rather that the center line of the core. When I tried to move it an error message appeared saying "Unable to keep elements joined" - probably the joining of the studs and plates.

Overall, will be a good tool once the thickness issue is sorted. (assuming of course that it is not simply a user error!!)

Cheers,

Ian

Windows7 64bit 8 gb ram

Login to Give a bone

Hello guys,

Can you find the tool Image modeler in this, as I am not getting this after installing. Please help.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast