Thread: Does Revit install any fonts?

Login to Give a bone

Default Does Revit install any fonts?

The other night I was messing with the fonts installed on my machine and ended up losing a couple hundred of them. I used a Windows restore point to restore to a point earlier that afternoon, but I noticed that the Windows fonts folder has 3 or 4 fewer fonts than there were before.

Now in Revit 2010, when the Save or Synchronize reminder pops up, or you close out and it asks if you want to synchronize, all the text below the main heading of each choice is a bunch of rectangles.

Will I have to reinstall Revit to fix it, or is there a font that is installed that I could perhaps replace?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Does Revit install any fonts?

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    The other night I was messing with the fonts installed on my machine and ended up losing a couple hundred of them. I used a Windows restore point to restore to a point earlier that afternoon, but I noticed that the Windows fonts folder has 3 or 4 fewer fonts than there were before.

Now in Revit 2010, when the Save or Synchronize reminder pops up, or you close out and it asks if you want to synchronize, all the text below the main heading of each choice is a bunch of rectangles.

Will I have to reinstall Revit to fix it, or is there a font that is installed that I could perhaps replace?
    Patricks,
    sorry I can only see the "shxfontmaps.txt" listed under C:\Program Files\AutoDesk Revit Architecture 2010\Data.
    Other than this (which I assume has to do with AutoCAD cross uses, you would not expect it to load fonts. They all have to be only TT fonts for Revit anyway don't they ?

trombe

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Patrick,
    Try going to your Windows display settings and there you'll find a place where you can change the fonts Windows uses to its dialog boxes. Try changing the fonts to something else and then see if they change in Revit. If yes, then go back there and change it back to the default fonts.

See if it helps.

Andre Carvalho

Login to Give a bone

I was wondering if Revit installs any fonts into the Windows fonts folder when you install the program.

Everything is fine except for the Synchronize reminder box, and also the reminder about a linked file's shared coordinates being changed when you try to save. It's those dialog boxes where you have 2 or 3 choices in large text (which reads fine) and then smaller text explaining each choice below it (smaller text shows up as rectangles).

Everything else shows up fine in Revit and other Windows applications.

Attached is a screen cap of the dialog box.
    Attached Images Attached Images