Thread: Startup Suite Not Working

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Startup Suite Not Working

Another strange issue: I have added a number of lisp and vba files to my startup suite in appload and for some reason, it doesn't work on my computer. It works on everyone else's computer's, but not mine. The app's are there, but they don't load. I have to load them manually, which does work, but I have to do this every time I open a drawing. Any ideas?

Thanks,

JC

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Startup Suite Not Working

What you are experiencing is just one of the reasons to not use the startup suite.

Use "acaddoc.lsp" to load your lisp files.

Code:
    ;;; acaddoc.lsp file example
    (load "mylisp") ;<- if the file is in the support file search path
    (load "C:\\mydir\\another dir\\mylisp2")
    (load "\\\\server\\share\\cad\\mylisp3")
    Create or append this file and make sure it's in the top support file search path location.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Or create your own CUI(x) file (which I'd advise in any case). Then create a MNL file (same name as the CUI in the same folder) with the same contents as RK's version of AcadDoc.LSP This doesn't need to be in any of the support paths, you simply have to have the CUI(x) file loaded as either main, partial or enterprise. And nicest thing of all, to install it on another PC you simply load that CUI.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Oh and for your DVB files you can use the following:
    Code:
    (vl-load-com) ;Ensure VLisp extensions are loaded
    (or *acad* (setq *acad* (vlax-get-acad-object)))
    (vla-LoadDVB *acad* (findfile "MyVBA.DVB"))
    (vla-LoadDVB *acad* "c:\\mydir\\another dir\\MyVBA2.DVB")
    (vla-LoadDVB *acad* "\\\\server\\share\\cad\\MyVBA3.DVB")
    For ARX's you can use the (arxload ...) which works similar to the (load ...) for LSP/FAS/VLX files. Or if you want to co the ActiveX route you could use the vla-LoadARX as above for the DVB files.

Unfortunately for DotNet DLL's it's not as simple. The help shows how you can modify some registry entries to have these load always / automatically. Otherwise you have to load then through the NETLOAD command ... which can be scripted in the same MNL / ACadDoc.LSP file. In which case I'd advise adding them to the S::Startup defun-q.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Or create your own CUI(x) file (which I'd advise in any case). Then create a MNL file (same name as the CUI in the same folder) with the same contents as RK's version of AcadDoc.LSP This doesn't need to be in any of the support paths, you simply have to have the CUI(x) file loaded as either main, partial or enterprise. And nicest thing of all, to install it on another PC you simply load that CUI.
    All good points, but I will say that we put lisp code in MNL files that has to do specifically with that particular menu, not just generic code that should be loaded all of the time.

In other words, if we are working on "Task A", and load menu "A", then the associated lisp code needed to support menu "A" gets loaded. If we then switch to "Task B", and menu "A" is not loaded (and obviously neither is the code in the MNL), but menu "B" is loaded along with it's necessary code. Code that spans all tasks and is needed all of the time goes in "Acaddoc.lsp"

I'm not saying that everyone need this granular of a system, but at the same time you don't necessarily need to create/load a menu either.

R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |