Thread: missing tool in 2010

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down missing tool in 2010

I have recently read a post somewhere (not sure if it was on here or in one of the gazillion blogs I follow religiously) about how to find missing tools in 2010, but I cannot find it now. I've done a search in here but didn't find anything - I confess I'm not much good with the search function - keep getting a message about less than 3 characters or words or something. Anyhow, to cut a long story short, does anyone know where the flip control tool is hiding now? I just did the 2009 version line based detail component make a parametric arrow family tutorial in the new AECEDGE magazine and I want to finish it.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: missing tool in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ray.205827 View Post
    I have recently read a post somewhere (not sure if it was on here or in one of the gazillion blogs I follow religiously) about how to find missing tools in 2010, but I cannot find it now. I've done a search in here but didn't find anything - I confess I'm not much good with the search function - keep getting a message about less than 3 characters or words or something. Anyhow, to cut a long story short, does anyone know where the flip control tool is hiding now? I just did the 2009 version line based detail component make a parametric arrow family tutorial in the new AECEDGE magazine and I want to finish it.
    Update
    There must be an architectural service pack, because this issue has been fixed in MEP 2010.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: missing tool in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ray.205827 View Post
    Yo Ray,

RAC 2010 original web release and the factory DVD release, and Revit WU-1. did not have the flip controls in the Family Editor. The tool had been removed accidentally I think, however the flip control tool, was put back into the Family Editor, in Web Update 2.
    so all you have to do is install WU-2 to get the control tool back however, since the SP3 file is a cumulative release, everything to date is in that file (other than things like the DB Link tool etc. , which you can find on the subscription site.

regards
    trombe
    Last edited by trombe; 2009-10-25 at 09:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Login to Give a bone

There is a SP3 release? Wasn't there just a SP2 very recently?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by twhisker View Post
    There is a SP3 release? Wasn't there just a SP2 very recently?
    There was a Web Update 1 (WU1, SP1, whatever), Web Update 2, and then last week a Subscription Advantage Pack. Some people have been referring to this as SP3. I'm not sure if this is available to everyone or not, but I know it adds some features only for people on Subscription. It also changes some of the tool buttons on some of the ribbons and fixes a few issues.

I just with Autodesk would decide on an update term for between-release updates/service packs/patches/whatever and stick to it. Seems like for 2008 there were Web Updates, then for 2009 they changed to Service Packs, now for 2010 they're back to Web Updates again.
    Last edited by patricks; 2009-10-30 at 05:28 PM.

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

The Subscription Pack is SP2 along with some new functionality

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Macaulay View Post
    The Subscription Pack is SP2 along with some new functionality
    You mean it integrates Web Update 2 with some new functions?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

When it installs it puts the old content into a folder called SP3 under your library.

It includes SP1 and SP2 and will be Re Released in UK and Europe at the end of November