See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speedy UI 3.0

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Speedy UI 3.0

Good work. Thanks for sharing.
    I will try to convert for revit structure today.
    Priit
    Structural Engineer

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Speedy UI 3.0

Can anybody get "View Range" to work as a shortcut ?

Mark

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Just a small update.
    Set Reference Plane now working

Added
    Overide Element
    Overide catagory
    to same menu

Also Line "shape" menu add to Upstroke.
    See post #9
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Mark, here is an idea you may find useful, works a treat -

I have added activate / deactive viewport to the menu with the wheel etc, but made it a toggle, 1 option, not 2 - this is great for working on multiple views at a time without having to use the browser at all - ie work on your sheets, hide the browser as well as the ribbon and you have MASSIVE screen space to work with (possibly not an issue with your screen anyway!).... AVI file attached with ahk etc.

I added temp isolate category to my setup in the menu with the wheels too, but cant seem to find temp iso object though? - added filter in same menu as EDIT/FINISH/QUIT

I have added the shapes you worked out to right,left for my setup - loving those, well done ...I cant understand why the model / detail line shapes arent working with what you have already done though? Must be an ommision in Revit I suppose. Hopefully they will get it fixed next time....
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Martin
    The toggle idea is great. will be a few other things that could be used for and saves an extra line.
    Temp isolate object never work from day one thats why it never existed in my menu,somthing I dont use much so not a big isue for me.
    Yeah, shame about model and detail line shapes.
    Any luck with "view Range"

Mark

Login to Give a bone

I have wanted a shortcut to View Range for a LONGGGGGG time. Can't stand having to open view properties first, and having to click/scroll down before getting to the view range button.

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

The view range you're seeing is just for plan regions, not the actual view range

All AUGI, all the time Gadget Man's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Speedy UI 3.0

Hail Martin and Mark!

Great work both of you!

I've learned so much from bi-secting your scripts, while I came up with the system that suits my style of work best.

Personally, I hate menus. Of all kind. I am a shortcut man.

Perhaps it's because I find it relatively easy to memorize many different combinations of keys meaning all different things, but I feel lost when faced with a list of many options to click on. It takes me far too long to scan the list - until I roughly memorize particular item's position in the menu.

On the other hand, I have a logical system of organizing my shortcuts into some "mental" groups. For instance, since there is no direct command or tool in Revit starting with "Q" this letter is reserved (in my book) for anything to do with settings. For example: QS = Sun & Shadow Settings, QL = Line Styles, QK = Keyboard Shortcuts, QQ = Object Styles, QW = Set Workplane, KQ = Keynotes Settings, etc.

Another example could be "AE". Anything to do with areas has prefix "AE": AEA = Area. AEB = Area Boundary, AEP = Area Plan, AEQ... you've guesed it: AEQ = Area & Volume Computations...

Your combined ideas gave me brilliant springboard for marrying your scripts with my own shortcuts. Now I even started to enjoy working in RAC 2010, especially when I could turn off this dreaded ribbon.

Note: when I started to define all my gestures in STROKEIT, I preferred to use my personal REVIT shortcuts rather than a sequence of Revit "[Alt] Menu Keys". To my discomfort I found that the Revit shortcuts (e.g. "AA" for ALIGN) didn't work!
    Well... they didn't work when written in CAPITAL LETTERS. However, when I wrote them in small letters (e.g. "aa" rather than "AA") they work fine! Something to bear in mind...

Again, thanks for sharing

Cheers!
    Last edited by jetisart; 2009-10-30 at 02:54 AM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Jerry
    I too was a shortcuts man until 2010 came along .The whole shortcuts.txt file and ribbon thing was to daunting for me to change over. Then came along "speedyUI" and at the same time (for me,as I'm only a beginner with strokit and .AHK) the new ShortcutsUI which opened up a whole new world of UI stuff.
    As this evolved so quickly for me I didn't have time for a logical approach to an actual shortcut naming convention,( which is a personal thing) but now its up and running I will go back and tidy that up for my own preferences as well.

Mark
    Last edited by mbalsom; 2009-10-30 at 08:51 AM.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jetisart View Post
    Hail Martin and Mark!

Great work both of you!

I've learned so much from bi-secting your scripts, while I came up with the system that suits my style of work best.

Personally, I hate menus. Of all kind. I am a shortcut man.

Perhaps it's because I find it relatively easy to memorize many different combinations of keys meaning all different things, but I feel lost when faced with a list of many options to click on. It takes me far too long to scan the list - until I roughly memorize particular item's position in the menu.

On the other hand, I have a logical system of organizing my shortcuts into some "mental" groups. For instance, since there is no direct command or tool in Revit starting with "Q" this letter is reserved (in my book) for anything to do with settings. For example: QS = Sun & Shadow Settings, QL = Line Styles, QK = Keyboard Shortcuts, QQ = Object Styles, QW = Set Workplane, KQ = Keynotes Settings, etc.

Another example could be "AE". Anything to do with areas has prefix "AE": AEA = Area. AEB = Area Boundary, AEP = Area Plan, AEQ... you've guesed it: AEQ = Area & Volume Computations...

Your combined ideas gave me brilliant springboard for marrying your scripts with my own shortcuts. Now I even started to enjoy working in RAC 2010, especially when I could turn off this dreaded ribbon.

Note: when I started to define all my gestures in STROKEIT, I preferred to use my personal REVIT shortcuts rather than a sequence of Revit "[Alt] Menu Keys". To my discomfort I found that the Revit shortcuts (e.g. "AA" for ALIGN) didn't work!
    Well... they didn't work when written in CAPITAL LETTERS. However, when I wrote them in small letters (e.g. "aa" rather than "AA") they work fine! Something to bear in mind...

Again, thanks for sharing

Cheers!
    Hi Jerry,

Glad yourslef and Mark found out how to get strokeit to use shortcuts!! - I never worked that out in all the years I have used it and have had to use "alt" and menu drops for a long time - which slows things down a lot and is a bit annoying!.... Who would have suspected that it was case sensitive??

I personally started out using a system called Generic Cadd years ago - and EVERYTHING was available as a 2 key shortcut.... I remembered just about all of them at the time and was a demon at churning out drawings fast , some of the 2 key commands I use now in Autocad and Revit hark back to that system I am sure - I could not even tell you which ones, as they are just so burned into my mind that that is what they must be and could not possibly be anything else! - Same as Up stroke and Down stroke in Strokeit for me - they simply must be zoom all and zoom window as I have had them like that for years! - The very best thing with using strokeit is that you can make the same gesture perform the same tasks in any software - for example down stroke could be zoom window in Revit, Autocad, Photoshop etc etc.....

Would be interested in seeing your system of shortcuts at some point - anything that applies more logic than I have done must be good - I just used any old thing that was open for many of them!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast