See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could anyone share their CAD Standards Manual

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Could anyone share their CAD Standards Manual

Does anyone know the best way to make sure everyone in the company follows the CAD Standards?

Login to Give a bone

Robert Green had a nice series of articles last year. Here is one. Some others.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bintajm View Post
    Does anyone know the best way to make sure everyone in the company follows the CAD Standards?
    Have a CAD security guard... lol

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadprodesign78 View Post
    Have a CAD security guard... lol
    Reminds me of this:

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    Numpties require training...

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, On the Matter of Training
    In [CAD Standards], everyone is expected to obey the rules and regulations or he will be punished. To this, the [Cheif Operations Officer (COO)] assented.

Then he ordered that one hundred and eighty [numpties] be selected from among the [company numpties] to receive [CAD] training under [The CAD Manager] who divided the [numpties] into two [production teams] and made two of the [COO's] most favorite [numpties] their [Supervisors]. [The CAD Manager] then said to the [COO], "A good [production team] cannot be built without strict discipline. Although those [numpties] are [company numpties], discipline must be enforced without exception. So please send me two [Senior numpties] to enforce [CAD Standards]. " The [COO] consented.

The [CAD Standards we soon implemented]. [The CAD Manager] first [must make] known the rules and regulations to be obeyed and then explained to the [numpties] how to execute such commands as "[Use proper Osnaps]", "[Purge All]", "[Copy Objects]", "[Save the drawing]", "[Create a New drawing]", "[Archive the project]" and so on.

After he was finished with this, he asked the [numpties], "Is it all clear now?" "[Sure, man]," the [numpties] replied. But [The CAD Manager] explained the rules and regulations once again and then had the drummers beat out martial music.

At this, he shouted commands such as "[Use proper Osnaps]" and "[Copy Objects] " Instead of carrying out his commands, the [numpties] started giggling. [The CAD Manager] said, turning very serious, "It apparently is my fault not to have made the rules and regulations and commands plain enough. " So he reiterated what he had said before, explaining very carefully the rules and regulations and the way to carry out the commands.

After that he once again had the drummers beat out martial music and started giving commands. However, he met with only rings of laughter. Now [The CAD Manager] looked very stern and said seriously, "If I had not made sufficiently clear the discipline and the commands, it would be my fault.

Now that everything has been made clear and still you have failed to execute my orders, the [Supervisors] must be held responsible. " He ordered that the two [Supervisors] be beheaded immediately in public, as a warning to all.
    <snip>
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Unless you can configure CAD Standards in to your CAD configuration it will be difficult. If you are using something like ProjectWise or some other document control application to manage drawing production & workflows then you can enforce standards so drawings will not move from design to ready for check unless standards are met.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12