Thread: Revit won't let me save, help me!!!

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Revit won't let me save, help me!!!

I've been experiencing a rather... odd issue in the past few days: Whenever I try to save my project Revit displays the attached dialog... The values seem to change everytime I try to save.

I tried wiping clean my temp folder to check if the issue dissapeared but it continues to happen... Last night I had to try to save like 30 times in order to finally save =(

I'm running Revit2010 in Vista (Both 32-bits) with 3gb of ram. The problem started after I rendered a scene 2 or 3 nights ago... I checked and it affects even new files...

Please help me, I really don't know what to do and I can't find info related to this anywhere...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eusine2; 2009-11-09 at 11:29 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit won't let me save, help me!!!

Sounds like a permissions problem. Is the user name mentioned in the screen shot your own?

Login to Give a bone

Yup, it's my username... My account has administrator privileges, so I don't think that's it...
    So far I tried:
    -Wiping clean the Temp folder.
    -Unistalling and reinstalling, given that RA2010 doesn't have a "repair" function...

Neither has worked yet... I noticed that when I try to change the parameters of a render material or a lighting fixture it also displays a weird dialog... should I get a screenshot of that too? It appears whenever I try to update the "preview" picture of both instances... The preview doesn't update and I can't leave the dialog until I return the parameters to a preset @_@

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Revit won't let me save, help me!!!

I suspect a lack of RAM could be the issue.

32 bit with 3GB is a bit low on RAM.

I suspect a 64 bit machine with 8GB or more of ram could save it.

How big is the Revit file? ( if over 200 MB, you will have a lack of memory issue. )

cheers.......

Login to Give a bone

Hmmm the problems started with a 78MB file...
    After that even if I try to save a new conceptual mass, a family or anything small it shows the same dialog...

I just rechecked "System" in the control panel and it still says 3GB, so it's not a weird RAM issue... Perhaps it could be a lack of RAM, but it worked perfectly before =/

The last thing I worked on was a rather small 30-ish MB file and I had to try to save for almost an hour...

Thinking back, to be more precise I'm now almost sure this issue began when I tried to do an interior rendering in the 78MB file and suddenly Revit died (As in completely closed the process by itself) on me without notice. Could it be related?

Login to Give a bone

Teehee, finally managed to solve it guys!
    Whenever I uninstalled revit I made sure after to remove everything left in the program files, temp, local and roaming folders, but I had never thought about deleting the registry keys for revit.
    I simply reinstalled again after erasing them (I only found 2), it took slightly longer than usual, but now Revit let's me save normally
    I hope this can help someone else that happens to experience this weird issue.