Thread: Slow performance

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Slow performance

(Not sure where to post this so I will just place it here.)

We are using Project Navigator in ACA 2009.

We have a good sized project with up to 5 users working on it at the same time. All files are under 1mB.

When they are in the Constructs, the files are running fine, except for the area space file (see below). When they are attempting to update the View files (i.e. dimension [no AEC Dimensions, just straight dimensions] and annotate) the files hesitate for about 5-10 seconds. I have noticed that anytime the Curtain Walls (the AEC objects) are in the screen view, things run slow. When they are out of the screen view, everything runs at a normal pace. Is there any reason the curtain walls would be forcing the slow down within Project Navigator? It is noticeable on floor plan view files and in the construct with the area spaces (we separate the area spaces form the floor levels; it allows us to place the levels in one construct and the area spaces and reflected ceilings in another which in turn allows us to have more than one person updating things).

Also, one user has multiple OSNAPs turned on and when she tries to dimension openings (with wall endcaps in place) the system bogs down, however when she has just endcaps and intersection selected it runs fine (and yes I have told her to minimize what she has turned on). Is there a reason for this and is there a way to prioritize the osnap selection (endcap first, intersection second, etc...).

Sorry for the long post, thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Slow performance

Anyone? Anyone? Sigh...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Slow performance

After talking with my re-seller about the performance issues, it looks like we have a setting that is off in AutoCAD. Under Options> AEC Project Defaults> AEC Project Search Path Location, the file needs to be looking at the root of where the projects are located. Everyones was looking at their individual C: drives while our projects are located on a separate server. So now I hope that speeds up Project Navigator enough to calm people down.