View Poll Results: Who wants to see shaded true colour representations in elevations/3D?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do!!!!

70 97.22%
  • Not I.

2 2.78%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: True colours on elevations & sections (no light source)

Default Re: True colours on elevations & sections (no light source)

Wow, it's been a while since I have visited this thread and like the support for this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Smith
    I don't have a problem with shadows (although they could be quite a bit faster to process)...
    I would like to change my mind on this now. One thing I would now like to add to this is the effect shadows have on the colour of the materials on the shadow sides of walls. Even if the shadow setting is set really low, the shadows on the shadow sides of the walls are still really dark. A quick look out my window at the building across the road, tells me that shadows don't work this way. Refer attached images.
    I don't know if this has to do with the light source that I would like the option of turning off.

I've noticed that:

Shaded with Edges, is lighter in appearance but does not show correct colours
    Shaded with Edges and Shadows, make the drawing too dark and not displaying correct colours
    Hidden Line, is good but has no colour.
    Hidden Line and Shadows, is good and shading doesn't make the drawing dark like Shaded Edges does but has no colour.

Revit has some really poor presentation capabilities which I would really like to see improved. I'm not talking about rendering but rather simple colouring and shading that look good that other software have as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by irusun
    ...first look at a "finished" Revit sheet - and his very _first_ comment was "Can you do anything about the colors?"
    That's a pretty common comment I get too. I have chosen to not use colours until this gets 'fixed' so that I don't get any more criticism about poor presentation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, this is still a problem. And printing color is difficult as well. Either things look to dark and drab, or the developer asks, "are you really going to use that color? We don't allow primary colors." Getting one that looks right on screen, then it gets distorted too light or dark with a shaded/shadowed view, then distorted one more time when you print it out... oh well. It sure beats version 1!

We need this bad !!!!!!!! What is the point of being able to pick a pantone color and when its viewed its no where near the pantone color you selected. I understand the issue, why it doesn't work now but maybe its another view type - true colors or something.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

Yes. Right now I have to go out to CorelDraw via PDF and then rework all the colors and fills. Only slightly better than AutoCAD->Corel.

Has a "wish" poll ever hit 50 in the affirmative before?

For me, pretty much since day one, the single biggest show-stopper in Revit has been the "presentation" graphics. It's flat out embarrassing (when my colleagues rib me for it).
    Last edited by iru69; 2005-09-01 at 10:17 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234