Thread: Template file location

Login to Give a bone

Default Template file location

I have made some new template files and stored them in a new folder on the network. I have changed the path for "Drawing Template File Location" in my options to the new folder.
    I sometimes make a new layout by right-clicking on a layout tab and choosing "From Template..." from the menu. My problem is that when I do so, ACAD still defaults to the old path. Is there somewhere else I need to update the path? I would like to keep the old and new templates in separate folders until the new ones are tried and true. Thanks for any help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Template file location

Quote Originally Posted by gadjet View Post
    I have made some new template files and stored them in a new folder on the network. I have changed the path for "Drawing Template File Location" in my options to the new folder.
    I sometimes make a new layout by right-clicking on a layout tab and choosing "From Template..." from the menu. My problem is that when I do so, ACAD still defaults to the old path. Is there somewhere else I need to update the path? I would like to keep the old and new templates in separate folders until the new ones are tried and true. Thanks for any help.
    This should work, I just tested it. I have a specific path for templates and the new layout from template goes to that directory.
    Just to clarify, you changed the path for "Drawing Template File Location" and not "Default Template File Name For Qnew" right?

~shrug~