Thread: Anyone using AutoCAD Structural Detailing?

Login to Give a bone

Default Anyone using AutoCAD Structural Detailing?

I did a crossgrade from AutoCAD 2005 to AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2010 which has AutoCAD 2010, Revit Structure 2010 and AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2010 in one suite of software. I bought a new computer (to meet new system requirements) with Vista Business 64 bit OS but since ASD 2010 was only offered as 32 bit software I only loaded AutoCAD and Revit Structure (64 bit versions). I noticed in the Subscription Center that there was a 64 bit version of AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2010 available for download so I did and installed it. After it installed I clicked on what I thought was my AutoCAD desktop shortcut and it opened ASD 2010 instead. So I had 2 shortcuts that both opened ASD 2010 and none for my AutoCAD, which I had meticulously arranged all my icons on and had created some custom commands (they can have the ribbon...I hate it). Frustrated, and sorry I downloaded and installed ASD 2010 (something I may never use), I uninstalled ASD 2010 just as I would any other program. However, that uninstall also uninstalled my AutoCAD 2010. Fortuneately I was able to do a System Restore in Safe Mode to an earlier date and recover my AutoCAD.

I did a service request and Autodesk claims no fault. when I installed ASD 2010 I was prompted for my product key and serial #, which is the same for all 3 software products in the suite. I think this might be the reason it overwrote AutoCAD 2010, I can't say for sure and so far I've gotten no help from autoCAD or my reseller on this.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing when trying to install ASD 2010?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Anyone using AutoCAD Structural Detailing?

Possibly -
    Right-click your acad start icon and pick properties.
    In the box "Target:" what does it say after "...acad.exe" ?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Anyone using AutoCAD Structural Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    Possibly -
    Right-click your acad start icon and pick properties.
    In the box "Target:" what does it say after "...acad.exe" ?
    The usual...Target is "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\acad.exe". There is nothing following that. But I've restored my computer to a time prior to installing ASD 2010.

I find it hard to believe that nobody else has encountered this problem. Does Autodesk have a forum for ASD 2010?