Thread: Attribute text randomly placed

Login to Give a bone

Default Attribute text randomly placed

I've just created a set of dynamic title blocks for the company I'm currently working for and a couple of its clients.

I set them up with different vis states for each size (A0 - A3) with one set of common attributes. I assigned a point parameter and a move action to each one coupled to a lookup list with co-ordinates for the locations on each sheet.

I did it, tested it and it worked fine, the only thing that needed doing was re-ordering the attributes as displayed in the edit box. I ran BATTMAN, shuffled the attributes around, saved the blocks and went to lunch. I Wblocked them out and overwrote the old ones, so no back ups (that'll teach me).

When I came back, I went to show it to another cad guy and the attributes went all over the place when I switched vis states. Thinking it might have been something not set right on his machine, I tried it on mine and the same thing - the default vis state (A0) displays fine, but when you switch to any of the others, the attributes just get shuffled all over the shop.

I really don't want to have to write out the list of co-ordinates for each one and start again. Is there any way to fix this? I'm using ACAD 2008 SP1 on XP.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Attribute text randomly placed

Dynamic Block with Attribute will not sort properly with BATTMAN. Any attribute you sorted will result in the newly moved attribute taking on the previous attribute visibility behavior. For instance if you have 5 attribute within your titleblock that looks like this

TITLE
    NAME
    DATE
    SCALE
    DRAWING NO

Say you want to turn off TITLE in on of your visibility and you want to move SCALE attribute to the top. The SCALE attribute will take on TITLE visibility. There is no quick fix for this unless you want to start over. My suggestion is once you have attribute in-placed, add the visibility. If you want to add additional attribute, leave them be and don't sort it.