Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I wish I had learned that command years ago!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: I wish I had learned that command years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    Instead of stopping what you are doing, going up to your icon (or menu, or ribbon), selecting 3D orbit, then back to the screen. Just hold shift while pressing the middle button on your mouse. Instant 3D orbit. Works like a charm.
    Oooohhh I like this new toy!
    Thanks
    Wayne

Login to Give a bone

I do all my drawings in 3D (I use ACA), so here's one that's overlooked.

Instead of stopping what you are doing, going up to your icon (or menu, or ribbon), selecting 3D orbit, then back to the screen. Just hold shift while pressing the middle button on your mouse. Instant 3D orbit. Works like a charm.

Not to mention Shift + right click pulls up the snap menu.
    These two are my favorites, found them while trying to customize mouse and keyboard commands last year. Needless to say, I left them alone.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Just be careful as it becomes easy to now tilt your view from Plan of the UCS. The middle button's also used for panning. There was quite a few questions on this forum which ended up being because the view was off Plan, this is probably the main culprit to that.

So if you want to pan, make sure your fingers aren't touching the Shift key. Some keyboards are just too sensitive.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Just be careful as it becomes easy to now tilt your view from Plan of the UCS. The middle button's also used for panning. There was quite a few questions on this forum which ended up being because the view was off Plan, this is probably the main culprit to that.

So if you want to pan, make sure your fingers aren't touching the Shift key. Some keyboards are just too sensitive.
    Good point - non-plan view situations do seem to be becoming more common.

Login to Give a bone

I do all my drawings in 3D (I use ACA), so here's one that's overlooked.

Not to mention Shift + right click pulls up the snap menu.
    Rule of thumb in AC 3D; always keep an eye on your UCS. This also goes for 2D if you move between the 2D & 3D worlds.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by icbinr View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking so too. We'll see what AutoDesk has to say on my support ticket.

Well after a few weeks of dialogue followed by a few weeks of silence. I received this from Autodesk today regarding this issue.

I wanted to check in with you and let you know that development is still researching this occurrence and it has been noticed through further testing that this problem has existed for a few releases and is on there radar for working this into a future release/service pack for the software. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve and find resolution for you in this case. Any and all updates I receive I will expediently pass your way. please feel free at any time to ask/comment on this case. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Michael Bussiere II
    Autodesk Support Team
    So it is now a confirmed bug in OSNAPZ

Login to Give a bone

I've been using AutoCAD since R10, and have been using MText since it was introduced was back in R13. Even though I try to use as much as the Mtext formatting features as possible, there were/are still techniques I am only discovering now.

One of my new favourite things are using tab stops. Now, I've been using tab stops to indent separate lines of text for a long time now, but I only just discovered that the tab stops have different justifications.

I've been trying forever to find a way to right-justify thickness values of road materials while keeping the descriptions left justified. I only just discovered that while in the MText Editor, if you keep clicking the tab-stop icon box, it keeps changing the tab-stop styleto the desired justification.

Take a look at the attached graphic to see what I am rambling about
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: I wish I had learned that command years ago!

The FILTER command is a great one, you can even create multiple filters to narrow your search down, for some reason always happier to use than QSELECT.
    Last edited by Norbury Design; 2010-08-01 at 10:26 PM. Reason: multiple filter

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by james.norbury View Post
    The FILTER command is a great one, you can even create multiple filters to narrow your search down, for some reason always happier to use than QSELECT.
    Welcome to AUGI and congrats on your 1st post.

I agree, while the QSelect seems more user friendly - the Filter is more efficient (you can even save filters for use later in different DWGs). Unfortunately filter doesn't work well with some newer objects like dynamic blocks, for that QSelect's your only answer.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345