Thread: Customization .cui file is read only

Login to Give a bone

Question Customization .cui file is read only

I have a network drive with a .cui customization file sitting on it, and all of the AutoCAD workstations are using it at the same time.

Normally, any one of the stations can customize the toolbars, etc. On the next load, any of the machines will pick up on the changes.

Now, one particular station has the file marked as read only on the customize screen. All of the other workstations are just fine. I tried rebooting the machine, doing cuiload again, etc. What could be the problem?

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Customization .cui file is read only

is it loaded as an enterprise cui file on the one machine? does that user have different permissions than everyone else?

Login to Give a bone

I don't know what an enterprise cui is. Maybe that is something I need to look at.

But, I figured out what happened. I loaded expresstools on one of the computers, and all of the computers that did not have expresstools installed on them could no longer write to the .cui file.

How can I safely share the file between all of these stations? They are either AutoCAD LT 2006 or AutoCAD 2007 ADT with Express Tools.
    Last edited by Tyler A; 2010-01-08 at 07:22 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler A View Post
    I don't know what an enterprise cui is. Maybe that is something I need to look at.

But, I figured out what happened. I loaded expresstools on one of the computers, and all of the computers that did not have expresstools installed on them could no longer write to the .cui file.

How can I safely share the file between all of these stations? They are either AutoCAD LT 2006 or AutoCAD 2007 ADT with Express Tools.
    The only way to accommodate both would be to have a main CUI for each version and load your custom CUI as partial to both of those main CUI files. Then you can also attach the Express Tools as partial to the ADT main CUI file.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.