Thread: Different Layers for Table and Table Text?

Login to Give a bone

Default Different Layers for Table and Table Text?

In AutoCAD 2009, is there a way to have different text layers with-in a table? I'd like to have some text on a printable layer, and some text on a no-print layer. I know you can change the text color, but haven't found a way to change the layer without changing the layer of the entire table.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Different Layers for Table and Table Text?

Quote Originally Posted by miket.203279 View Post
    In AutoCAD 2009, is there a way to have different text layers with-in a table? I'd like to have some text on a printable layer, and some text on a no-print layer. I know you can change the text color, but haven't found a way to change the layer without changing the layer of the entire table.
    Sorta, but not the way you want to. In the display properties, you can assign different layers and colors to the row lines and text. But, unfortunately, they group the text into 3 categories. Title text, Header text, and Data text.

I think you are wanting to change the layer of certain data text. Since all the data text is treated the same way, you can't that I know of.

All AUGI, all the time Capt. Computer Crasher's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    Sorta, but not the way you want to. In the display properties, you can assign different layers and colors to the row lines and text. But, unfortunately, they group the text into 3 categories. Title text, Header text, and Data text.

I think you are wanting to change the layer of certain data text. Since all the data text is treated the same way, you can't that I know of.
    He can create new cell style other than title, header and data and then change its layer I think

Login to Give a bone

I created new cell styles, but still can't change the layer of the text without changing the layer of the entire table. Any other ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Ok, think of the cells in the table as containers. They can contain either MTEXT or a block. For the non-plot text, create it as a block on a non-plotting layer, (out in the regular drawing), and then place that block in the cell you want to display the nonplotting text.

Alternatively, set the color of the Mtext you do not want to plot to be True Color WHITE (255,255,255) instead of index color 7 and print it out. white text on a white sheet of paper ought to look un-plotted.