Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebar Detailing In Revit Structure 2010

Login to Give a bone

Default Rebar Detailing In Revit Structure 2010

Hello there,

Is anybody using the Rebar Detailing in Revit Structure 2010? Just wanted to know weather industry is accepting the Rebar Detailing done in Revit Structure 2010 or not?
    Actually, I have gone through the Rebar Detailing part of Revit and it really looks good but I am confused how to make clients aware of this, as they haven't heard about Rebar Detailing in Revit.
    Please suggest how can I reach to the Client with Revit as Rebar Detailing, what should I answer to client so that they gain confidence in Revit for Rebar Detailing and schedule of it.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rebar Detailing In Revit Structure 2010

I can' see why it would matter, what package your using.If your taking responsibility for the results then why would it matter would format you deliver this in.

Are you talking to from a consultant drawings or fabrication??

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Personally I have tried both detailing with 2D lines, and using the rebar tools from Revit.

Both ways work fine, the real benefits for detailing the reo using Revit though, are several:

Firstly you can detail complex reo especially cases where it may be quite cluttered, and you can solve all of that by virtually building it all in the model. The downside to this, is it can be time consuming to get it all right, but to be honest I have not found it to be that bad time-wise. This allows you to solve clashes or things just not fitting before sending it out.

Secondly, you can then schedule all of your rebar. Lengths, size, number, by weight..etc etc. For someone working on costing your job, this is a value add, as it can give them ball-park figures (and if it's modelled perfectly will give an extremely accurate figure). The problem with scheduling is that you have to model every piece of rebar.

What I do currently is use the rebar tool to detail things such as column types, pile caps, and pile details. I find the rebar tool a bit too messy to deal with complicated slab reo, its just not worth the time for the level of detail I require to detail every stick of rebar.

I guess the ultimate answer for you will come by answering a few questions.
    Will detailing all the rebar add value to the client?
    Do I need to detail all of it, or can I just use it to detail certain items?
    Will detailing the rebar take me longer in 2D or 3D?
    Do I need to detail in 3D or is it just over the top for the purpose I need it?

Things such as simple slab mesh, or uncomplicated slab reo are great for sections as you cut the section, dimension it, tag it, and you're done. But do you need really to put in Z bars, and lap bars and all and sundry for the entire slab to achieve 3x1:20 sections...
    I just detail the place where I have a section, but then again Im not required to do quantity take-offs from the model.

Login to Give a bone

Hello Guys,

Can you just let be know that Rebar detailing which I will be doing in Revit Structure 2010 can be used for fabrication point of view?
    Also, I have done schdule of it to find Tonnage and it basically seems good but I am not able to validate the same as I do not have things to compare with.
    Therefore, also let me know that schdule which I get can be given to client for there estimation?

All AUGI, all the time kathy71046's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I do rebar detailing for concrete panels, and small slab/stairs, and have found it very accurate, and once you sort out what to show and what to hide in your views, found it very easy.
    Kathy Taylor
    Senior Structural Draftsperson & Proprietor
    TaylorCAD
    www.taylorcad.com.au

I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy it!
    Revit User Phase 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 5, 4.....

Login to Give a bone

Thanks,

This makes sense to me,

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Kathy,

Do you mind to upload one of your drawings (pdf) do see what is possible.

Do you do your bar bending schedules with Revit as well?

Regards,

Stephan

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Now if you could produce a proper schedule that would be great....

It seems like they have only given us half a program when it comes to RC detailing and scheduling

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Alan aka cadalot View Post
    Now if you could produce a proper schedule that would be great....

It seems like they have only given us half a program when it comes to RC detailing and scheduling
    Have a look at Tekla, they provide a full Cast insitu 3D BIM package.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_L View Post
    Personally I have tried both detailing with 2D lines, and using the rebar tools from Revit.

Both ways work fine, the real benefits for detailing the reo using Revit though, are several:

Firstly you can detail complex reo especially cases where it may be quite cluttered, and you can solve all of that by virtually building it all in the model. The downside to this, is it can be time consuming to get it all right, but to be honest I have not found it to be that bad time-wise. This allows you to solve clashes or things just not fitting before sending it out.

Secondly, you can then schedule all of your rebar. Lengths, size, number, by weight..etc etc. For someone working on costing your job, this is a value add, as it can give them ball-park figures (and if it's modelled perfectly will give an extremely accurate figure). The problem with scheduling is that you have to model every piece of rebar.

What I do currently is use the rebar tool to detail things such as column types, pile caps, and pile details. I find the rebar tool a bit too messy to deal with complicated slab reo, its just not worth the time for the level of detail I require to detail every stick of rebar.

I guess the ultimate answer for you will come by answering a few questions.
    Will detailing all the rebar add value to the client?
    Do I need to detail all of it, or can I just use it to detail certain items?
    Will detailing the rebar take me longer in 2D or 3D?
    Do I need to detail in 3D or is it just over the top for the purpose I need it?

Things such as simple slab mesh, or uncomplicated slab reo are great for sections as you cut the section, dimension it, tag it, and you're done. But do you need really to put in Z bars, and lap bars and all and sundry for the entire slab to achieve 3x1:20 sections...
    I just detail the place where I have a section, but then again Im not required to do quantity take-offs from the model.

Thanks Craig, very helpfull. What is the effective method. to obtain rebar schedule with its 2D details? looks crazy if we model all of the rebar for 24 storey heigh of Twin Tower.
    Thanks
    Intan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast