Thread: "Room Object and Reference Lines" no longer print?

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default "Room Object and Reference Lines" no longer print?

I went in to VV/VG and turned on the Interior Fill and Reference Lines for Room objects. Im relatively certain when i did it in 2009/2008 that doing so would make the "room origin X" lines plot, as well as the blue color.

Now in 2010, they dont plot (or show up in Print Preview) even though theyre on the screen. Is that the case for everyone else too?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Room Object and Reference Lines" no longer print?

Hmm...
    I was hoping I'd be able to call BS on you, Aaron, but I get the same thing.
    No "X" or blue fill.
    I tried messing around with the checkboxes on the bottom of the Print screen. Same results.

Login to Give a bone

I am not a happy Aaron.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I've got 2009 open to check this and it is not plotting the X or the color fill either, only the tag.
    How ever in 2010 by fiddling around with the Color Scheme and Color Scheme Location setting in View Properties I was able to plot the color fill for the rooms which have been defined. It doesn't seem like this is quite what you were looking for though. I agree that it would be nice to plot the room X and color fill.

Login to Give a bone

Maybe im thinking of Areas. I KNOW one of them used to plot becuase i used to use it on Egress plans to make sure all of the building was *accounted for...*

Maybe im losing my mind?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by twiceroadsfool View Post
    Maybe im thinking of Areas. I KNOW one of them used to plot becuase i used to use it on Egress plans to make sure all of the building was *accounted for...*

Maybe im losing my mind?
    Do you need an actual print-out to verify all areas are accounted for? I just invoke the room command or the area command (depending on what I'm actually verifying) and look for the colors of all the rooms or areas on the screen to highlight to see if there are any white spaces left that need a room or area.

Login to Give a bone

I dont need any of it, really. Its there on screen, and thats all i need. But i KNOW ive seen them print, lol. I must be thinking of areas, im not sure. I know ive seen them print, and i know it was with a Linked File, because i remember laughing when i had to open 7 links to fix my egress plan because theyre all set to By Linked View.

But i guess i am losing my mind.

It only came up because i was explaining to someone how Revit Rooms have "feeler" that look for extents. I turned them on on the screen and printed a sheet to show the person, and they werent there. LOL.

Login to Give a bone

Has anyone figured out how to get the room interior fill to print - I am doing a series of colored plans and i was using the room category and filters to highlight the perimeter of the rooms - this shows up great on screen but doesn't print:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Not quite sure what you're going for with the heavy blue lines, but if you want the Rooms to be filled in, you need to use a Color Scheme (it's on the Properties of the Floor Plan View).
    It looks like you're getting the light blue to show up by selecting the Room Objects. That only lasts until you select another object or command.

One other thing you might want to investigate is using a Visibility Override for this View. Type VV and then set the Walls...Cut...Pattern to the color you want and the Pattern to Solid.

Since I see this is your first post (welcome!) I'm going to guess that you're wondering if this is going to mess up your "normal" floor plan. You're going to want to make a Duplicate view for the color plan. Don't worry, al of your Model changes will show up in both Views. That's one of the beauties of Revit. You'll love it.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Dave,
    Not truly my first post - I just lost access to my original email and forgot my password so I just started another user name....Thanks just the same - I don't post often.
    I am doing duplicate small scale views to get a visual representation of different conditions - things that might not jump off the page in black and white construction documents.
    Attached is an example floor plan that is color coded based on the different VCTs and Porcelain Tile types. I thought I had a simple representation for bases by using the perimeter of the rooms which shoes great on screen - see attached image - but doesn't print. I could color walls but we already put in a parameter of the base type for the rooms so I was using a room parameter filter.
    So from what I'm reading elsewhere in the forums and blogs....is it really impossible to get the room fills to print or can you only get color fills to print?
    Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images