Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple errors with Win 7

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multiple errors with Win 7

Quote Originally Posted by Nique View Post
    Who knew that AutoCAD 09/10 would have issues with Novell ?!?
    Legend has it that the mantra of the microsoft developers back in the eighties was "DOS isn't done until Lotus won't run". Given that Adesk for years abandonded every other operating system and network system that did not come from Redmond, it's unsuprising to me that Novell still has issues with Autodesk products.

Ever wonder why MS never tried to get into the CAD business? despite the 'billions and billions' of dollars that could be made?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I know this thread is a little old now, but I wanted to update everyone on the Sheet Set problem when using the Novell Client on Windows 7.

I've been in discussions for some time now with a senior Novell support engineer and they are aware of the problem. I now have confirmation from Novell that their developers are working with AutoDesk developers to resolve this issue. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!

I hope this helps everyone out there who is in this situation. I'll keep you posted.

Login to Give a bone

Wahoo!
    Just in case anyone is interested in this old thread.... I know I've been watching it constantly, Novell just released Novell Client 2 SP3 (IR1a).
    (Sunday, April 21, 2013)
    It has finally fixed the sheet set manager problems.

-steve

Login to Give a bone

We recently moved our drawings to a unix based SAN/NAS and it caused huge problems (#1 isn't critical, #2 is)

(1) Drawing names listed on the Model Views tab of SSM are unsorted and there is no way to sort them.
    (2) I have a reproducible issue where I can open a drawing, make changes, save it, and the changes do not get saved.

Autodesk does not support SAN/NAS, or unix based file storage.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

I'll guess that from the client workstation point of view, the network share just looks like yet another drive/shared folder?

if that's the case, what version of Samba is the unix box running? I believe that our local file server is a linux server, and we are not seeing either of those issues.... I have no access to that box, so can't check the flavor of 'nix or samba it's running.

I have been running an Ubuntu server at home, and not had problems (yet) accessing anything from Acad.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    I'll guess that from the client workstation point of view, the network share just looks like yet another drive/shared folder?
    If you were replying to me, then yes.
    From the clients POV, it looks and feels just like any other network drive (\\server\share\subdirectory\etc\)
    I don't know all the technical specs, but it's a Dell Equallogic box with CIFS shares. I was told there is some layer of unix involved.
    Our network engineer and Dell are working to reconfigure the storage so that it will be compatible with a "windows network", which is pretty much the extent of the technical specs for DWG storage provided by Autodesk.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12