Thread: ACA 2010 Slow Performance

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default ACA 2010 Slow Performance

We are having terrible performance with all of our Windows 7 systems in particular. Some Vista system too and our xp are the most stable. Our Windows 7 system are as follows;

Windows 7 x64
    12 gig Ram
    dual quad core E55062 2.13ghz.
    1gb PCIe Nvidia quadro fx 3800

Everything we do in ACA is slow even just drawing a line and trying to use osnaps. Just everything is running slow to the point we are not productive. With the slow down comes lots of crashing too. We have updated video drivers, reinstalled the software, minimized network shared files/directories. All other programs work great, very fast, on these systems. I'm at a loss at this point. Please, any suggestions.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACA 2010 Slow Performance

Quote Originally Posted by jraesly View Post
    We are having terrible performance with all of our Windows 7 systems in particular. Some Vista system too and our xp are the most stable. Our Windows 7 system are as follows;

Windows 7 x64
    12 gig Ram
    dual quad core E55062 2.13ghz.
    1gb PCIe Nvidia quadro fx 3800

Everything we do in ACA is slow even just drawing a line and trying to use osnaps. Just everything is running slow to the point we are not productive. With the slow down comes lots of crashing too. We have updated video drivers, reinstalled the software, minimized network shared files/directories. All other programs work great, very fast, on these systems. I'm at a loss at this point. Please, any suggestions.
    I don't know what the problem is. Just posting to let you know I just loaded ACA 2010 on a Win 7 Pro 64 laptop and it flies. No issues at all. Here's the specs FYI:
    Dell M6500 Covet
    Nvidia quadro fx 3800m
    I7/ 820 quad core processor 1.73Ghz
    4G memory.

Maybe it's a network thing? Try disconnecting all network to the machine, including wifi and see it it helps.

Also, check to make sure there aren't any bad file paths anywhere in you Options, file tab.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    Also, check to make sure there aren't any bad file paths anywhere in you Options, file tab.
    Or any "broken" shortcuts in the search path (shortcuts that point to non-existant files or folders). The Add a Plotter Wizard shortcut seems to get copied over from other releases an awful lot, and if the old program folders are no longer there, it becomes a broken shortcut.

Login to Give a bone

We are seeing performance issues as well. Brand new 64-bit workstations built "specifically" for AutoCAD (ACA 2010). We had 32-bit systems before with no issues. When we did a clean install, with Service Pack 1, we saw problems arise.

Could it be Service Pack 1??

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jeff.benson View Post
    We are seeing performance issues as well. Brand new 64-bit workstations built "specifically" for AutoCAD (ACA 2010). We had 32-bit systems before with no issues. When we did a clean install, with Service Pack 1, we saw problems arise.

Could it be Service Pack 1??
    Probably not. I have SP1 on my laptop and it runs great.

I will say that at work, I'm running it on a 64 bit system. IT just upgraded me to win 7 pro 64 and cad runs horrible!!! I'm guessing it's something to do with permissions. He also installed a new hard drive so everything is a totally clean install. It's taking several minutes to open a drawing that used to take seconds. It makes publishing a full set of plans a nightmare.

Login to Give a bone

Same issues here. That was our next guess...something to do with permissions, admin, network, servers. We are going a step at a time trying to narrow it down.