Thread: Interior Lighting Revit Structure

Login to Give a bone

Default Interior Lighting Revit Structure

Hey all. Normally I do Structural renderings without the roof deck on so I just use sunlight but now my boss wants me to do some with the roof on looking from the inside. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get artificial lights into my model. I've gone through the help and tutorial and looked online. The help says

"In the New Family - Select Template File dialog, select a light fixture template.
    The names of all lighting fixture templates include the words Lighting Fixture. Be sure to select the appropriate template for the type of lighting fixture that you want to create. For example, to create a ceiling-based fixture for metric projects, use Metric Lighting Fixture ceiling based.rft."

But I don't see a lighting fixture template anywhere.

Help!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Interior Lighting Revit Structure

Kyle,
    do you mean insert a light fixture into your model ? -( its a component family ).
    or do you mean create a new fixture from scratch using a template ? , assume its load family / insert a fitting -, in Windows Vista - Program Data - AutoDesk - RAC 2010 - Metric Library - Electrical - Luminaires & Lamps

If you want to make a fixture form a template - in Windows Vista = Program Data - AutoDesk - RAC 2010 - Metric Library - Metric Templates (all the lighting templates reside here (sub for imperial over metric as required).
    If you do not have them for any reason, they might have been put onto a server or other place on your network otherwise you can go to AutoDesk and access these templates 24/7.
    Good luck.
    trombe

Login to Give a bone

Load in the light fixture called "Studio Light" it can be placed without a host for just general illumination.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

Login to Give a bone

I did find one solution I like, you can set an underlay and set the orientation to Ceiling plan, then turn off ceilings.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

In the venture, open the segment view or rise view in which the divider based lighting design apparatus shows. Select the lighting installation. Click Modify | Lighting Fixtures tab Mode board (Edit Family). Revit opens the lighting installation family in the Family Editor.

- - - Updated - - -

In the venture, open the segment view or rise view in which the divider based lighting design apparatus shows. Select the lighting installation. Click Modify | Lighting Fixtures tab Mode board (Edit Family). Revit opens the lighting installation family in the Family Editor.