See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Acad 2010 (menucmd...) problems

Login to Give a bone

Default Acad 2010 (menucmd...) problems

Until recently, I have been running AutoCAD 2009, but upgraded to 2010 earlier this month. Probably since AutoCAD 2002, I have used a Lisp program called by keystrokes defined in a "acad.pgp" file, to pull down certain customized menus from the menu bar. At startup the custom menu files are loaded and the Lisp routine is used to pull down or "Pop" (display) the menu. The problem I am experiencing is that the Lisp program no longer pulls down any menu. The menus are succesfully loaded as can be seen by the title on the menu bar and also, they can be manually pulled down by selecting the title.

In short, the Lisp code to pull down the menu, (menucmd "p13=*"), no longer functions after installing AutoCAD 2010. However, I still have AutoCAD 2009 installed on the same computer and it works well. Both versions of AutoCAD use the exact same customization files: Acaddoc.lsp, ".mnl", and ".lsp", etc. files. Also, the new compiled menu files, (AutoCAD 2010: .cuix - AutoCAD 2009: .cui, mnr, etc.) are created from the same original ".mnu" file.

I have tried simply entering the (menucmd "pn=*") at the command prompt, with no success, except when I use n=0, in the Lisp command. Only then, a context menu appears, which is not a pull-down. No other menu slot number works. However, all slot numbers (1-16) work as expected when I launch AutoCAD 2009.

I am aware AutoCAD has changed the compiled menu format AGAIN!!!!!!! in 2010 and I wonder if something is not working correctly in this new format, or if there is a new system variable that I am not aware of, that freezes the menus. (Can't imagine why.) The circumstances seem to point to a "bug" in the new menu structure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Acad 2010 (menucmd...) problems

I dont know that I would consider it a bug, but Autodesk is attempting to eliminate menus all together, this could account for the change in how the command functions. Can you assign an alt+ key to get them to pop down, like you used to be able to press Alt+F and get the file menu to drop down?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I wonder if there's a way of using WScript's SendKeys method. I've tried linking to the ActiveX object of WScript.Shell, but it doesn't appear to have the SendKeys function in AutoLisp as it does with other programing languages. There's only an Exec method.

If this was possible you could send "%F" to emulate pressing Alt+F.

Login to Give a bone

This appears to be a bug. The (menucmd "p13=*") code works in Civil 3D 2010. I was not successful with AutoCAD 2010.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Is it maybe something to-do with the ribbon? Have you got the menu bar turned on / classic interface Workspace?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Is it maybe something to-do with the ribbon? Have you got the menu bar turned on / classic interface Workspace?
    I just tested this again with no problems. The quick (menucmd "p13=*") function worked. Yesterday's test, I had AutoCAD 2010 open along side Civil 3D 2010. I have no idea what happened yesterday.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    I just tested this again with no problems. The quick (menucmd "p13=*") function worked. Yesterday's test, I had AutoCAD 2010 open along side Civil 3D 2010. I have no idea what happened yesterday.
    Maybe the 2 versions screw with each other's memory spaces. Not impossible since they share quite a few libraries.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    I wonder if there's a way of using WScript's SendKeys method. I've tried linking to the ActiveX object of WScript.Shell, but it doesn't appear to have the SendKeys function in AutoLisp as it does with other programing languages. There's only an Exec method.

If this was possible you could send "%F" to emulate pressing Alt+F.
    You mean:
    Code:
    (defun SendKeys (KEYS / WSCRIPT)
      (vl-load-com)
      (if (setq WSCRIPT (vlax-create-object "WScript.Shell"))
        (progn
           (vlax-invoke-method WSCRIPT 'sendkeys KEYS) 
           (vlax-release-object WSCRIPT)
        )
      )  
      (princ) 
    )
    (defun c:%F() (SendKeys "%F"));File Menu
    (defun c:%E() (SendKeys "%E"));Edit Menu
    (defun c:%V() (SendKeys "%V"));View Menu
    Regards, HofCAD.
    Last edited by hofcad; 2010-01-27 at 08:07 AM.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks, that's what I tried ... must have mistyped somewhere

Works great!