Thread: 2010 opens SOOOO SLOOWWLLLY

Login to Give a bone

Default 2010 opens SOOOO SLOOWWLLLY

Is there anyway to have ACAD 2010 open more quickly? i have added a /nologo switch to the shortcut, which has helped, but it still takes several minutes of a blank white screen before it is ready to use.

Also, Sometimes when ACAD opens the command line is smooshed all the way over into about 1 " of the bottom left of the screen. The only way I have found to get it back is to close the initial drawing (from the set .dwt file). Then either a new drawing or a drawing I was previously working on brings the command line back. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2010 opens SOOOO SLOOWWLLLY

Quote Originally Posted by rcohen.148970 View Post
    Is there anyway to have ACAD 2010 open more quickly? i have added a /nologo switch to the shortcut, which has helped, but it still takes several minutes of a blank white screen before it is ready to use.

Also, Sometimes when ACAD opens the command line is smooshed all the way over into about 1 " of the bottom left of the screen. The only way I have found to get it back is to close the initial drawing (from the set .dwt file). Then either a new drawing or a drawing I was previously working on brings the command line back. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    do you have any customizations that are running? Is your system up to spec? I have noticed on my machine, startup is very quick wihen running in OOTB conditions, however, my startup routines seem to double the amount of time for startup.

I believe the command line is controlled by the current workspace. get it set the way you want, and save the current workspace. If it squishes it again, you should be able to restore the workspace and it should reset it, without shutting down a drawing. Just make sure that automatically save changes to current workspace is not selected.

Login to Give a bone

I totally agree with ccowgill. I have used 2010 in both out of the box and custom conditions, and customization definitely slows down startup, as well as using a machine that is not above and beyond manufacturer specifications. You may want to start over from the beginning (with a repair using your OEM CD) and go from there trying different configurations, and/or a new machine.

Login to Give a bone

I have found that if the X-refs have many extra scales, this will significantly slow the x-ref load. Try opening the x-refs, and cleaning out the extra annotation scales.