Thread: Drawing Ducts

Login to Give a bone

Default Drawing Ducts

For the life of me I can't figure out how to add end caps to ductwork. Any suggestions? The duct calculator doesn't like the air blowing out the end of the duct.

Also, when I connect diffusers to undefined ducts they want to connect to the bottom side. How do you make them connect to the side of the duct?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Drawing Ducts

Well I fell like an idiot. I found the end caps under fittings. Who would ever think to look there?

Still need help on the diffuser connections though.

Thanks

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jmw View Post
    For the life of me I can't figure out how to add end caps to ductwork. Any suggestions? The duct calculator doesn't like the air blowing out the end of the duct.

Also, when I connect diffusers to undefined ducts they want to connect to the bottom side. How do you make them connect to the side of the duct?

Thanks
    Hit "N" for Next to see other routing options before you finalize the connection.

I usually draw round duct out to the diffuser first... then when EVERYTHING is in place, I go back and set all the flex. This is because flex duct doesn't dynamically update with elevation or routing changes, not that I have figured out anyways.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for responding Tanner.

The help file (User Manual p. 169) shows the Duct Fitting Properties Dialog with a Takeoff Position tab. My software doesn't show a "Takeoff Position" tab but instead shows an "Anchor" tab showing essentially the same information. It seems like this is to force the takeoff position to a certain position by default in all 3 axes. We need horizontal takeoffs fixed in the X and Y planes but rotating about the Z axis. There should be a way to set this by default.

The idea of setting preferences to round duct to get horizontal takeoffs and then having to change to flex to the diffuser doesn't get it. There has to be a better way. Aubin shows this in his new book (p.292) so I'll research that tonight.