Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: threads

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: threads

If the end users of what you design are people in a machine shop and you are sending them a print the threads will merly be some dashed lines and a callout. The callout can be a leader text to spec any pitch you desire.

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: threads

Quote Originally Posted by BigBopper
    If you are planning to drive a machine tool from this, I don't know if you can.
    You can drive this type of constraint. I've tried to attach 2 folders with the assembly files to show you that it can be done.I would have uploaded them but they seem to exceed the limit for the file size allowed. The zipped files are 1.35MB & 1.2MB and the limit is 1000KB. I used the standard bitmap threads just to save on file size on the full assembly and just the 2 relevant parts on the detailed thread assembly. The only bad thing about the detailed assembly is that Inventor won't let you pick the created thread face to mate with the corresponding thread, so you have to "eye" it up but you can still drive the constraints that are there and the parts stay where their supposed too. If you would like to check out the files leave me a message here at the forums and I'll email you the zip files. I check back pretty much daily.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: threads

The more I delve into Inventor the better I understand the logic of the "Inventor thread form" particularly when it comes to matting assembly parts, getting thread faces to match up could be an adventure in it's self. I can form threads by using the coil command on a triangular profile when absolutely necessary.I would like to see the files you have described and they can be sent to me at "ebmanne@Xcelco.on.ca". I appreciate all the help.

Login to Give a bone

Since I am a tool and die engneer at a fastener manufacturer, I have the need to create true 3D thread forms. I too used the LISP routine you mentioned to do it in AutoCAD. I found a similar "macro" to use in Inventor. I have used it in release 2009 with sucess even though it states it's for Inventor through rel. 11. It's called Lou's Threader. Here's the web site address. http://www.airpot.com/lou/ The version I used is 3.1.0. After installing it, you have to restart Inventor and go to "Tools", "Customize", "Toolbars" and scroll down. Highlight Lou's Threader and click "Show". You can also set it up to load at start-up each time you start Inventor. Let me know if you have any trouble running it and I'll see if I can help.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Thank you for the link. Great tools...

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the link, you must have been doing a special search because this was a very old link

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ebmanne View Post
    P.S. there aren't many people on the inventor forums, compared to the AutoCAD forums, are inventor users just smarter than AutoCAD users and don't need as much help or what?
    In the Inventor community this site is considered an AutoCAD site. Most Inventor users hang out here for information http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=78

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Thank you for the link. Great tools...
    You're very welcome. Special thanks to Lou Loizides for creating and sharing them with us!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ebmanne View Post
    Thanks for the link, you must have been doing a special search because this was a very old link
    Back when I started using Inventor, I did a search and came up with that link which didn't really help much. Now when someone searches for 3dthreads or 3D-Threads it'll lead them someplace useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12