Thread: Export gbxml - Import in HAP

Login to Give a bone

Default Export gbxml - Import in HAP

My company uses HAP for building load analysis, and we'd like to be able to use the gbxml export from Revit MEP and import into HAP. I've been working on this for a few weeks, and I always get the same error message in HAP when I try to import:
    Transfer function coefficients could not be generated for this assembly of material layers. Generally this problem occurs when the overall thermal resistance or thermal capacitance of the assembly is too small or too large. Therefore, the construction of this assembly must be revised so its overall thermal resistance and capacitance fall within a more normal range of values.

I'm using a linked (very simple) revit architectural model. I don't have any errors in the revit model, and all of the spaces are defined (including plenums, etc.). Has anyone else had a similar issue, and were you able to find a resolution?

Thanks,
    Shane

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Export gbxml - Import in HAP

So, it seems like the answer is "Don't use HAP". I was able to import the data into Trace and Ecotect with no problems, although the defined zones didn't transfer to Trace. That may be due to what Trace reads from the gbxml.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Open the Architectural's Revit file instead and export, then import into HAP

All AUGI, all the time kyle.bernhardt's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ssemple View Post
    So, it seems like the answer is "Don't use HAP". I was able to import the data into Trace and Ecotect with no problems, although the defined zones didn't transfer to Trace. That may be due to what Trace reads from the gbxml.
    It sounded like an issue with the import of the gbXML from Revit MEP from your description, I recommend that you contact the support team for HAP.

Quote Originally Posted by email.91254 View Post
    Open the Architectural's Revit file instead and export, then import into HAP
    This will have no impact on the output of Constructions data into gbXML from Revit MEP.

Cheers,
    Kyle B

Login to Give a bone

I have had similar issues trying to use HAP. What I found to be a solution is your building construction data in Revit (your U-values). As you are about to export, you can change the materials (for the roof, wall, windows, etc.). The specifications we use to get it to import is as attached.

Of course, you can change these settings in HAP after it has been imported (it won't even match Revit in HAP for the U values. So, you will want to change them).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

hoe i can get on autodesk ecotect

- - - Updated - - -

how i can get on autodesk ecotect?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Its called Green Building studio now, and is built into Revit and available through subscription on Building Design Suite or similar. Revit will automatically send it there when running a building analysis.