Thread: Sharepoint integration

Login to Give a bone

Post Sharepoint integration

Greetings! I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but I figure I start here and see what happens. My company uses SharePoint for data management for most of our business units and we are evaluating what would need to happen to get the A / E group to use this as well.

Anyone have any experience with this using CAD files? Pros / Cons? Goods / Bads / Uglies?
    Thanks for the help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sharepoint integration

Sharepoint by itself will not work -- unless every drawing created is totally standalone and uses no reference file, images, underlays, etc. You'll need a cad specific front end to sharepoint that can appropriately address those requirements.

possibilities are Bentley's Projectwise or CADtoWin. Alternatively, look into 'real' CAD EDMS products, Synergis Adept comes to mind although there are certainly others. Expecting CAD document management to be addressed adequately by a general solution is a misunderstanding that will cost a great deal of time, money, and aggravation to address. (I'm in that boat now, with a corporate Document Manager that can't even spell CAD)