Thread: Moving sheets in Project Navigator

Login to Give a bone

Default Moving sheets in Project Navigator

Here is my issue. I created some drawings within Project Navigator where I wanted lighting and power seperated. The problem was when I created the lighting subset I didnt specify the correct locations for the drawing (i.e. Chase/Sheets/Power/1st Flr/E2.1.dwg) instead it automatically went to (Chase/Sheets/E2.1dwg) and I have an empty Power/1st Flr folder if you were to look in windows explorer. I know I cant simply drag the drawing within windows explorer because Navigator will lose the drawing. Can anyone please help me figure how this can be done. Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Moving sheets in Project Navigator

When you created your sheet subfolder, there were two check boxes that had to be checked. The result of NOT filing newly created drawings into the appropriate sheets folder was that the top box "Create folders relative to parent subset location" was not checked. With that box checked, the new sheet files will "Store new sheet DWG file in:" the directory specified below the checkbox.

If I did this correctly, I have attached an image of the "Subset Properties" dialog box showing the checkboxes and folders location that I mentioned in this reply.

Let me know if I did not answer your question properly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Moving sheets in Project Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by rmccarty View Post
    Here is my issue. I created some drawings within Project Navigator where I wanted lighting and power seperated. The problem was when I created the lighting subset I didnt specify the correct locations for the drawing (i.e. Chase/Sheets/Power/1st Flr/E2.1.dwg) instead it automatically went to (Chase/Sheets/E2.1dwg) and I have an empty Power/1st Flr folder if you were to look in windows explorer. I know I cant simply drag the drawing within windows explorer because Navigator will lose the drawing. Can anyone please help me figure how this can be done. Thanks.
    To fix this just switch to folder view instead of sheet view. In the upper right corner of the sheet set there are two buttons, one is sheet view and the other is folder view. Switch to folder view and drag the sheets to the folder that you originally wanted them in. Then switch back to sheet view and go to properties of the sheet category. There you can do what the previous poster suggested so that all new sheets will go to the correct place.