Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoring & Temporary Ground Anchors

Login to Give a bone

Default Shoring & Temporary Ground Anchors

I'm happy with the way I am modelling my shoring piles and shotcrete walls but what is everyone else doing for Temporary ground anchors???
    Are you modelling the anchors or using 2D elements?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Shoring & Temporary Ground Anchors

Mine are a variant off an AU talk done by Steve Mintz I saw a few years ago.

That way you verify positioning for engineering as well as drafting.

Shotcrete walls I normally use Inplace Wall Families as they allow to track the major walls alot easier and are customisable, easy to layout and so forth.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bosman View Post
    I'm happy with the way I am modelling my shoring piles and shotcrete walls but what is everyone else doing for Temporary ground anchors???
    Are you modelling the anchors or using 2D elements?
    Oh this is quite timely.
    I'm about to start a project (first one doing shoring walls in revit)

I would really appreciate any families you may wish to share that you use to do this, ESPECIALLY contiguous piles...

Any ground anchors or specific wall types you can recommend would be a huge help.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

For the ground anchors, I have created a 3D Generic model family that only shows a model line in 3D for clarity of clearance etc to existing structure, and then I have nested in detail components for plan, section and elevation views

If you setup correctly with the correct reference planes, you will be able to position quite accurately in your model

I have documented a large project with approx. 1km of contiguous pile retention walls 3 basements deep. Rock anchors to most walls, and using the simplified rock anchor with a model line and 2d components to represent it in the right views and model performance was great

Unfortunately, I have spent way..... to much time building some of this stuff, especially the contiguous pile wall stuff to consider releasing any of it! For the contiguous walls, look into nesting the male and female piles as families. Then drive the pile spacings in a line based generic model family. That should get you on the right track.

Login to Give a bone

Benmay,

Totally understand why you would not want to give up the content you created in your own time. but can you elaborate further, Maybe a few screen shots????

Login to Give a bone

Hi,
    I have not done any contiguous piling or Shotcrete documentation in Revit yet –
    But for contiguous piling would it be possible to array a BP family (similar to a concert column)
    For a Shotcrete can you do the same array a BP family and then model a wall. If the wall and the BP’s are of the same material they should then join properly.

Benmay,
    Did you make your Rockanchor family face based and can you adjust the angle the anchor that is driven into the “wall”?

Cheers,

Login to Give a bone

Tim Try this C-SecantPile family

I can't understand why anyone who uses AUGI and does not want to share and give peer to peer support?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Allan,
    That looks pretty good. I think we call it a "Secondary Wall" here. I have myself never done one here but I guess it all depends on soil condistion and what the wall is for etc.
    Cheers,
    J

Login to Give a bone

Sorry have been away for a few days.

I didn't make the rock anchor family face hosted, as I found it was easier to place as a simple level hosted element of a datum level which wont be changed

In the generic model family I only had the model line and the reference line + reference planes to drive the length and angle of the model line. Those parameters then drive the detail components that represent the anchor in each plan, elevation and section

See attached for a few working images for further information on what I mean.

I did try a version with more 3D info at fine detail level, but found it affected model performance to greatly to warrant it.

Allan, your secant wall is along the same lines of what I have created, I just went a step further for a large project and nested the male and female components into a line based generic model family which allowed me trim a run of secant wall to the next corner and readjust the male spacing as required, great for long runs of secant wall
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Hi,
    Here is my version of a rock anchor model. I worked of the same principal as benmay and decided to use a workplane based rock anchor. I still need to add some more details to the Detail Component.

Any comments are appreciated.

J

PS
    Sorry for hijacking the thread but thought it belonged to here due to the previous discussions about shoring walls etc.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast