Thread: READ-ONLY

Login to Give a bone

Default READ-ONLY

I am trying to open a few drawings and I get an
    autoCD Alert that it is read-only. After changes and I try to save the drawing, I get the message that the drawing is write protected. What do I do to get the drawings back so I can make changes and save them. These are drawings that are not also open somewhere else and that I have not worked on for months.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: READ-ONLY

Well first off, I'd save the drawings as something else for the time being. Second you can check to see if there's a .dwl file (drawing lock file) that's associated with the drawing you can't save. Delete the lock file, only if you are 100% sure that no one is in it. Then you should be able to save. Also if you are using PN, be sure that everyone exists ACA and either shuts down or re-starts at the end of the day. PN can get confused some times depending on how fast the network you're working on is, along with how it was set up.
    Just some thoughts, hope this helps.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: READ-ONLY

You may also have everyone that is working on the project (assuming you are using the project navigator) select the refresh button on the Navigator but otherwise have everyone that is working on the project exit out of cad and then reopen and try again.