Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheet Set Total Field

ACAD Wish List Administration

Default Sheet Set Total Field

Summary: A field for the total number of sheets in a sheet set

Description: FIELD EDITOR to have a SETSETSHEETTOTAL option for a total count of sheets in a sheet set. We could then use SHEETSETNUMBER and this new field to make a "Sheet # of (total) #" block more easily.

How Used: Another universally used field on drawings

Feature Affinity: Fields

Submitted By: BILL PATTEN on February 5, 2010

Default Re: Sheet Set Total Field

Also, be able to control whether a sheet is to be included in the set or not. For example, we may have coordination, takeoff, presentation etc. sheets that aren't part of the cd set. So you need control to be able to not include in drawing index similar to the way you can check "include for publish". Two more options that would be similar to "include for publish" 1. Include in drawing index 2. Include in sheet total

We have had this for years. Just create a custom 'sheet set' property, name it what you want, then reference it in your field.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

We have had this for years. Just create a custom 'sheet set' property, name it what you want, then reference it in your field.
    Are you referring to the total number of sheets? If so, are you saying you type in the total number of sheets into the field so it will read in the field on the titleblock.

Quote Originally Posted by bb View Post
    Are you referring to the total number of sheets?
    Yes.
    If so, are you saying you type in the total number of sheets into the field so it will read in the field on the titleblock.
    No, we create a custom property in the sheet set, then reference this custom property in a field.

No, we create a custom property in the sheet set, then reference this custom property in a field.
    Is it automated or do you need to calculate the number of sheets and type that into the custom property?

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar

The way I've been doing it is create the variable, and as the number changes, I have to update this variable. My wish is thatthis part is automated. I'll bet it wouldn't take much code to add a pick box that could be assigned to a particular plot set, such as Permit, Bid, CD, etc.....

Is it automated or do you need to calculate the number of sheets and type that into the custom property?

OOTB - you would have to manually update the sheet total.
    Ours is automated though. We wrote some code to renumber the sheets from 1 to ?? and then update the sheet total custom property.

If Autodesk implemented an automatic count, it probably wouldn't work for us since we have special cases. For example on many sets, we have two cover sheets that count as one sheet.

I assume it numbers based on the order or your set. Are you able to exclude sheets? Is it something that can be coded in autocad through diesel or something else or did you need to develop it outside of cad with something like .net? I've been wanting to figure out a way to automate it but haven't had any luck. If it is something that can be done without an outside application I may be able to tackle it. It may be over my head though.

Is it something that can be coded in autocad through diesel or something else or did you need to develop it outside of cad with something like .net?
    It's currently written in VBA (yes, I know it's dying...) so we'll have to port it over to .NET or something else when VBA is no longer available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast