Thread: ACA 2010 Tool Palettes error

Login to Give a bone

Default ACA 2010 Tool Palettes error

After importing our ADT 2007 Tool Palettes, which all work just fine, to be included in addtion to the OOTB Tool Palettes, the OOTB tools generate the following error when we try to use them:

A Style or Definition could not be located for this tool.
    Please check the tool settings for the following possible causes:
    -Location drawing is not available
    -Style and Definition does not exist in current drawing

I then added the location of the OOTB drawing files for the Tool Palettes to both the Tool Palette location line and the Support File Search Path line in Options to no avail.

IF I right click on the specific tool and view properties, the path is displayed correctly, and if I browse to the same location, the tool works just fine. Untill I close ACA 2010 and I can do that same thing all over again.

Thoughts?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACA 2010 Tool Palettes error

Do you have other 2010 products installed? Eg I have had to do a repair install (not the full remove/replace) if Revit Series is installed after ACA is present.
    If you find tool palettes dont refresh it will fix that too. No idea what is going on but suspect regristry or shared files get mixed

Login to Give a bone

Sadly, no dice. I addition, I have 2 machines with the same problem and 1 new install that I did not reroute the palettes folder. In the new install, everythign works fine. And when I repaired the installation on one the the noncooperative machines, the tools work fine, all still pointing to the C:\ drive. But, when I repath the palette folder to the netowrk location, and I get the mix of "standard" palettes and office customized palettes, all of the OOTB tool no longer work, even though nothing appears to have changed aobut the individual tools, ie they are all still pointing to the same place on my c:\ drive.

I don't have any idea where to even begin.

Login to Give a bone

This sounds a little similar to a problem I was having, but I'm not sure if this will help:

If you're using tools from a network drive, I found that the tool properties don't like using the mapped path (example being X:\ ). When all my paths were looking at mapped drives I'd get the "A Style or Definition could not be located for this tool." error if the drawing didn't already contain that style. Once I changed it to the 'non-mapped' path (example \\[server]\[directory]\ ) everything worked like a charm.

Hope this helps